Baretta MP 38/42 and Soumi m/31 parts kit build

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by johnbb, Dec 17, 2020.

1. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Several years ago I picked up these when they were cheap and have had them sitting around collecting dust. I now have the time to put these together and make them functional wondering if anyone has done this, need to make receivers for both (typical touch cut) not looking to make full auto
    (just letting the ATF know). I remember at one time 80% receivers were available but I can't find them any more. Any advice would be appreciated

HK_User and Dark Wolf like this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

There were a few companies making reciever tubes for the Soumi.
    Not sure if they still are.
    Head on over to weaponsguild.com and dig around.

Tully Mars likes this.
  3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Might try Ernest Armory, though I haven't seen any parts there recently, but I wasn't looking to those specific's!

If your not a member of North West Firearms yet, I would join up and post your questions there, lots of folks to ask and may find what your looking for!

Yard Dart likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Screenshot_2023-06-26-22-03-20-1.

6. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I have both kits and they were touch cut receivers. At one time you could buy a 80% receiver for the MP38/42 and I foolishly did not get one and now I can't find one any where. I bought these kits several years ago. The Soumi I picked up 2 kits cheap 69 bucks a piece thinking I could make a receiver from the 2 cut receivers and weld --didn't work out welded receivers are iffy. Any one know where to get receivers please post

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7