Barry set to unveil curbs on gun sellers

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Dec 31, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

As usual he goes against the will of the people and creates his own "law" never mind that the guns in recent shootings were all run through FFL's with background checks.

They have bug up their butts about selling firearms without them knowing it which runs against their desire to know and control everything we do firearms and otherwise.

Obama set to unveil curbs on gun sellers
    President Barack Obama’s bid to assert himself in his final year will begin with long-awaited executive actions on gun control, expected to be released next week, shortly after he returns to Washington.

The White House is putting finishing touches on several measures in an effort to make progress on curbing gun violence, an issue the president and close aides have found frustratingly intractable, before the race to replace him enters prime time.

According to gun industry insiders and others familiar with the proposals, the changes include requiring an expanded number of small-scale gun sellers to be licensed — and therefore conduct background checks — whenever selling a weapon. This wouldn’t close the so-called gun show loophole, though it has the potential to narrow it.

Marck, Ganado, Pax Mentis and 2 others like this.
  2. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

To these people, the idea of people purchasing or possessing guns without governmental approval is completely unacceptable. Never mind the fact that government approval, background checks and "illegal possession" of a firearm are all directly opposed to the letter and intent of the Second Amendment, it is just an obsolete idea in their view anyway...much like the rest of the constitution.

Combine that with the de-facto registration that is a side effect of the approval process setting the stage for their eventual goal of tracking down and confiscating the guns of any of whom they don't approve having them...which eliminates pretty much anyone who wants to own one...and it becomes the perfect next step in their collective mind.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    D2wing, Marck, Ganado and 7 others like this.
  3. phorisc

phorisc Monkey

I never know how to explain my opinions on these kind of things...cause I always end up conflicted with words cause on one hand im just mad...on the other hand i'd like to show my support...and in another instance I just feel like its hopeless and we are only slowing the inevitable...
    So many of the kids of these newer generations(perhaps my generation too) need to be schooled in the importance of gun rights and the rights of the people...I feel in a way its our own fault that government keeps inching closer and closer in taking away our rights...people easily become complacent in their lives as the threats are not as apparent as they may have been back when gun rights meant something to the people.

anyhow before I start going into the black hole of abyss that this kind of topic brings out in me ill stop since I realize there may be some who agree that gun control is needed. but anyhow you know my opinion on the matter :D "Molon labe"

-Phorisc
    Live The Adventure

Marck, Ganado, Mountainman and 5 others like this.
  4. duane

duane Monkey++

When he does, write a check to any politician in your state that will support gun rights and send a copy of the cancelled check to the obummer and anyone running for office in your state that is anti gun. Might not help, but they will at least realize we are serious and will not only vote pro gun, but try to negate the massive anti gun propaganda, and sure as h**l vote against them.

5. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

...and to go along with it, Kommiefornia is racing full speed ahead with a ballot initiative to:

• BAN all standard ("high-capacity") magazines...even "grandfathered" mags
    • BAN online and mail order / catalog ammunition direct purchases
    • BAN the importation of ammunition purchased out-of-state
    • DESTROY virtually all small business ammo retailers with insane new regulations
    • CRIMINALIZE the sharing of ammunition between friends
    • MANDATE a new $50 DOJ "ammunition purchase permit"
    • REQUIRE that ammunition sales are recorded in a new gun owner database

"Thank you" Kamala Harris and Gavin Newsom [sarc1]

Ganado, phorisc and stg58 like this.
  6. Legion489

Legion489 Shining the Light of Truth

Well this is nothing new. Obummer signed more executive actions/orders then any other prez in history and had signed 23 anti-gun executive actions by Feb 2011, so who thought his last year in office would be different, or that Repulicrats would do anything different?

phorisc likes this.
  7. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

He is a disaster, inner-city crime is out of control and spreading the boarder is out of control and he wants to allow in more refugees without knowing who they are and usually blames working class folks for the problems.

They keep saying barry is worried about his "legacy" it looks like this will be part of it.
    Gun Sales in U.S. on Pace to Beat All-Time High This Year
    Most ever background checks for gun sales.

Even before the mass shooting in San Bernardino, Calif., this week, gun sales in America have been on a blistering pace. On Black Friday, which has evolved into a big day for shopping for guns alongside clothing sales and doorbuster deals on TVs, the FBI processed 185,345 background checks for gun purchases, an all-time high.
    Gun Sales in U.S. on Pace to Beat All-Time High This Year

Demand for ‘panic rooms’ growing
    Demand for ‘panic rooms’ growing | January 1, 2016 | www.simivalleyacorn.com | Simi Valley Acorn

It’s a business that requires client confidentiality, and even most satisfied customer isn’t likely to brag about their purchase.

A safe room is a highly secure space inside a home designed to be discreet and to offer protection during a home invasion, terrorist attack or other life-threatening event. Most safe rooms include some type of communication system or closed-circuit television so those inside can contact the police.
    The 2002 movie “ Panic Room” with Jodie Foster gave instant publicity to safe rooms, and a New York Times article in May reported the industry continues to grow.

Nick Paster of American Saferoom Door builds panic rooms, but he’s tight-lipped about the number of rooms installed in a year, saying only that he has “enough business to keep us busy full time.”

“We do see it fluctuate, depending on what’s going on in the world,” Paster said.

Clients reach out to him for a variety of reasons, and with the phenomenon of workplace shootings, businesses are also installing safe rooms. Security experts say it’s just good common sense to have a room inside a home where a family can hide in the event of a break-in.

Although Paster declined to say whether he’s received more inquiries since the recent terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, safe rooms have been in higher demand since Sept. 11, 2001.

Orders can range from a $20,000 custom-built safe door to a fully equipped safe room costing several hundred thousand dollars, he said.
    New Polling Shows America Thinks Obama Has Been a Disaster on Terrorism
    New Polling Shows America Thinks Obama Has Been a Disaster on Terrorism

Approval of the way Barack Obama is handling the threat of terrorism also has declined, even as his overall job rating (currently 46%) – and his ratings on immigration, the economy and other issues – is little changed. Just 37% approve of the way Obama is handling terrorism while 57% disapprove, the lowest rating of his presidency for this issue.

Terrorism has reshaped the public’s agenda, both at home and abroad. Currently, 29% cite terrorism (18%), national security (8%) or ISIS (7%) as the most important problem facing the country today. One year ago, just 4% of the public cited any of these issues. And while ISIS already ranked high among leading international dangers, 83% now regard ISIS as a major threat to the well-being of the U.S., up from 67% in August 2014.

Marck, Ganado and phorisc like this.
  8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey Site Supporter+

With due respect I would change your statement to "...be schooled in the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.."

Marck, Ganado, kellory and 4 others like this.
  9. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey++

The second amendment is not about guns, its about arms. We fail to see that they have used this focused misleading argument to enact laws covering knife's and other lessor weapons as well as cannon and mortar without dissent.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

And our knife laws are more screwed up than our gun laws.

Ganado likes this.
  11. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

Executive orders are mostly illegal. Please forgive me but my memory will not remind me where I found the following. I am going to part of this to my congressman & senators asking again why don't they stop this illegal activity

Executive Orders — Where is This Administration Getting This Authority?

Barrack Hussein Obama, along with his incompetent outlaws, have set their sights on law-abiding gun owners in an attempt to “infringe” upon their rights (Amendment 2 Bill of Rights) during his last year of his incumbency. He is doing this with permission from the American people.

As a matter of fact, he wants to bring forth more unconstitutional executive orders to accomplish this. How does that work?

“Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it; and this I know, my lords: that where the law ends, tyranny begins.” — William Pitt

First, understand that The Declaration of Independence underlies the Constitution. It holds that the rights of the people come from God and that the powers of the government come from the people (Exodus 18:21). This is, in fact, the reason that this government is at war with God and His people (Revelation 12:17).

Second, executive orders are defined:

“United States presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law (Enumerated laws found within the United States Constitution) when they take authority from a legislative power which grants its power directly to the Executive by the Constitution, or are made pursuant to Acts of Congress (The representatives of the American people) that explicitly delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation).[1] Like both legislative statutes and regulations promulgated by government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review (Not by them that want to interpret what common sense laws state. Nor are judges there to judge the standard by which they are judged by), and may be struck down if deemed by the courts to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution.

There is NO constitutional provision nor statute that explicitly permits executive orders. The term executive power Article II, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Constitution, refers to the title of President as the executive. He is instructed therein by the declaration “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed” made in Article II, Section 3, Clause 5 or face impeachment. Most executive orders use these Constitutional reasonings as the authorization allowing for their issuance to be justified as part of the President’s sworn duties,[2] the intent being to help direct officers of the U.S. Executive carry out their delegated duties as well as the normal operations of the federal government: the consequence of failing to comply possibly being the removal from office.An executive order of the president must find support in the Constitution, either in a clause granting the president specific power, or by a delegation of power by Congress to the president.

Therefore, if the executive order is not congruent with the United States Constitution, then it is simply “null and void,” period. There is no judicial interpretation, no compromise nor debate. Why? It is because neither this nor any other administration has the power nor the authority to act out of their scope of authority."
    GB

12. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Thomas Jefferson said, “If a nation expects to be ignorant and free it expects what never was and never will be.”

Excellent quote.

pearlselby and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Pax Mentis

However, GB, Congress has been acquiescing to Executive Orders and "Signing Statements" for far too long and under far too many Executives to try to limit the power now. Failure to act for so long a time actually could be argued to be authorization by inaction.

14. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

PaxMentis, I wholly agree. The republcats are a lying treasonous bunch. How dare they agree that they will not impeach the odummer while he is in office. Both parties (different names , same results) have broken their sworn oaths to uphold the US Constitution AND respond to the will of the people. If they will not respond to our demands that they do those two things then it will be clear to all the citizens that our system (Representative Republic) no longer exists and it is up to us the people to rise up and demand they do as they swore.
    GB

15. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

16. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++ Site Supporter++

I have mixed feelings about expanded background checks. I see no difference between a guy that sells guns at a gun show and one who sell guns at a gun store. However, I am opposed to any one man making gun law for this country, regardless of the law he makes. It is the job of Congress, not the worst president this country has ever elected, twice. Interesting week ahead. I think Republicans will again be all talk and no action and happy to allow Barry to take the heat for something they did not have the balls to deal with, just like health care and immigration.

Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

There is no difference. A licensed gun dealer has to do the same background check at a gun show as they do in their store. The liberal myth of a "Gun Show Loophole" is simply a private person selling a privately owned gun to someone else. If this "expanded" background check is allowed to be implemented it means that you could go to jail for selling your old .22 to cousin Fred, or even trading one gun for another, or giving your daddy's old bird gun to your son if you fail to pay for and do a proper background check, do the paperwork and maintain a record of it. A slippery slope. Every "common sense" gun control measure they dream up is only smoke and mirrors and incrementalism towards the real goal of getting rid of guns. They aren't infringing on your right to own one, just making it where you can go to jail if you don't do the proper paperwork, background checks, and maintain records just to sell your own private property to someone else.

18. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

There is NO Federal Requirement for a Gun Store to collect ANY information, other than the Sellers Name, and Address, when purchasing a FireArm from a Private Citizen.... Most will give the Seller a Bill of Sale, just as a CYA, but that is a Personal Issue.... The Gun Store must then document the Sale, in their "Bound Book", because that adds to the Inventory, but that is it...

pearlselby likes this.
  19. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++ Site Supporter++

@Minuteman - I have never been to a gun show. Am I reading you correctly that every firearm sold at a gun show, by a vendor, requires a Federal background check just like the one I have to submit to at my dealer? If not, what is the federal limit where I need a FFL and background checks; 10 guns a year, 50, 100?

20. Pax Mentis

It is "supposed" to be that one needs an FFL if selling firearms is how they make a living. In practice (at least as of 2000 when I quit sharing a locker room with the ATF scum), in at least one district, they were making arrests if they could show that an individual made a profit selling a gun...or could lie convincingly.

1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Yard Dart
  4. GOG
  5. chimo
  6. Yard Dart
  7. bmtm09
  8. AD1
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Legion489
  11. marlas1too
  12. AD1