Beach day

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Hanzo, May 23, 2014.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400880171.829482.

2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Monkey just chilling on her birthday. Chilling eating or hanging out with friends.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400883356.693247.

Motomom34 and kellory like this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

The water felt great.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400883452.152476.

kellory likes this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

One of the very few things I miss from California. The beach, the surf, and the breeze.

Hanzo likes this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

And so, the weekend has begun. [IHI][clp][rockon][applaud]

Yard Dart and Hanzo like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

Very envious, toes in the sand it a great feeling. You have one very pretty monkey. I wish her happy birthday and hope she had a wonderful day.

Hanzo and kellory like this.
  7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo!

8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

Great pic's Hanzo......
    Happy Bday to your Monkey!!!

Hanzo likes this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo!

10. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

GOG and William Antrum like this.
  11. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400907089.804506.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400907111.107701.

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  12. kellory

Happy birthday, Monkey. :cool:[rockon]

Hanzo likes this.
  13. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

We had a couple of interesting incidents today that reinforced my preaching to the monkeys to follow Mr. Miyagi's rules. At least my version of them. Rule one, when you see trouble or stupid, no be there. That way, no need fight because fighting is bad. Rule number 2, if must fight, WIN! Repeat as necessary.

Shortly after we got situated, my oldest joined her friends. Later, her friends wondered off and she sat down with us, which surprised me. When I asked her what was up, she said her friends went into a fenced off area of beach. I told her how proud I was of her decision making. Shortly thereafter, one of the girls in the group was screaming that a boy fell into a hole and was stuck. I sent my daughter to let an adult connected to the group know, then since I saw the kids kneeling and looking into a hole, I grabbed the nearest guy and had him come with me, since I wasn't sure if I was going to need help or not. By the time we got there, the boy just got himself out. Then my wife wife commended me on my judgement to not just run off by myself.

The beach we were at is pretty nice, but there are some sharp coral, waves and currents. Makes for very nice surfing. Lots of surfers there. So there a section of beach that is marked off with buoys and signs designated as for swimmers only. It was really only 1-2% of the whole beach. And it was where my little monkey wanted to play, going almost to the farthest limit marked by buoys. She is a strong swimmer, so I don't mind. And my wife and I were with her in the water periodically as well. She gad a blast! There were quite a few surfers that didn't know and/or didn't care about the swimmer zone. Some were quite stupid and I, mild mannered me, had to yell at them because the freaking life guard(s) were not doing there job and getting those people out of there. The whole time, he only went on the loudspeaker once to wave off a surfer cutting through where people were swimming. I am embarrassed to say, I yelled at way more of them than the lifeguard. And then I had to reinforce my lesson to my little monkey that some person was being stupid, so if you see stupid happening, no be there. Even if it means getting out of the water. I think my stupid comments were pretty loud. But they were pretty stupid. And my monkey and sometimes my wife was there when it happened. When the family is threatened is sometimes one of those if must fight situations and you have to do something.

That's part of why I hate crowds. When there are enough people, you will often find trouble and/or stupid.

Yard Dart, BTPost and kellory like this.
  14. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Even in paradise.

15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

Just showed my youngest the pictures. He thinks it's a nice beach. Thinks it's cool that you are in HI

Hanzo likes this.
  16. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

It's actually hot, yet cool.

17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Our beach visit this week. Another beautiful day in Hawaii nei.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403314979.748285.

We had some much bigger sets come in. Much to the little monkey's delight. She bodysurfed all day.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403315096.491759.

Some of the kids made new friends, kendama style.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403315137.463492.

Monkey's reluctant water break.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403315237.603473.

Did I say it was a beautiful day?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403315160.946948.

Post beach chillin', monkey style. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403315197.184816.

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  18. kellory

I still have my body glove for surfing. There are few things I miss about California, but the gymnastic rings and surfing are high on my list.

Hanzo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7