Bear Creek Arsenal is advertising the specifications so you can make a good decision.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by HK_User, Feb 4, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

My experience with the AR 7.62x39 was lengthy, many got it close in their attempts, most failed and hogged out the entry point of the round into barrel when the problem was the magazine.
    The ejection problems were often overblown or Over Gassed.
    This maker list the spec of the gas port. Now I do not have this makers product but should I find the $$ I believe this to be a good choice.

Bear Creek Arsenal 16" 7.62x39mm Heavy Contour 1:10 Carbine 41V50 Barrel - Parkerized
    SKU: B762CHB16110-P
    Manufactured by Bear Creek Arsenal
    1 Reviews
    • [​IMG]
    On Sale $39.99
    Regular priced @$79.99
    In Stock
    NOTE: Limit 1 per household. Quantities exceeding 1 will not allow checkout.

Details
    This high quality Bear Creek Arsenal barrel goes through its entire production life in Sanford, North Carolina at Bear Creek's facilities. Drilling, reaming, rifling, and turning are all accomplished on their CNC machines under ISO-9002 Quality Systems, allowing Bear Creek to put every barrel through a 100% inspection and air gauging process, ensuring every individual barrel is flawless before it leaves their facilities.

This 16", 1:10 twist, heavy contour barrel is machined from 41V50 chromoly vanadium steel, heat treated to RC 28-32 hardness, and properly stress relieved with a durable parkerized finish. Chambered for the inexpensive 7.62x39mm, BCA expects that it, along with any of their barrels 16" or longer, will hold a 1.000 MOA group at 100 yards when used with appropriate ammo and shooting techniques.

Gas Port: Carbine, 0.093"
    Specifications
    Barrel CoatingParkerized
    Barrel ContourHeavy
    Barrel Length16
    Barrel Material41V50 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
    BrandBear Creek Arsenal
    Caliber Gauge7.62X39mm
    Feed RampsM4
    Gas Seat Diameter.750
    Gas System LengthCarbine
    Manufacturer.Bear Creek Arsenal
    PlatformAR-15
    Thread Pattern5/8 X 24
    Twist Rate1:10

One review
    12/21/2017 6:57 pm
    Great inexpensive barrel.

by Thomas

I have this barrel in a complete BCA upper and without load workup it shoots both Varmageddon and Hornady SP .310 bullets easily into 1.25 MOA with just a 3X PA Prism Scope for 7.62x39/300 BO. Btw only using a front rest too. 1 MOA is certainly possible with load workup.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Ura-Ki and duane like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7