1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Belroy Wallets - great things in a small package

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I have always been partial to small thin wallets. My first wallet from when I was in grade school was a brown leather simple two pocket card wallet that my dad gave me. It held my ID, a little cash and a house key. Oh the good old (and simple) days! It was so thin and flat that you would be hard pressed to tell I had a wallet in my pocket. Different story if I am just happy to see you... :whistle:

So my whole life, I have been using these small thin card wallets. Each for a long time. The one from my dad, I carried until my late 20's. Then I got a thinner leather one, but with one accordion pocket. Been using that until this year. It is very functional and simple. It even holds a load of survival gear. Only problem was if I drop it, things can spill out. Fortunately, only happened once in all these years. And at home.

For whatever reason, I felt like a change and I heard about Belroy and checked them out. I likey it!

Card Pocket - Slim Leather Wallets by Bellroy

It holds slightly less than my fold over wallet, but is smaller and more secure.

Here it is with a Space Pen for scale on my orange bandana.

[​IMG]

It holds my cards, spare cash and some survival goodies.

[​IMG]

The survival goodies...

[​IMG]

A fresnel lens that is 25 years old (will put a new one in maybe), a bandaid (because monkeys ask for them sometimes), a piece of cotton batting cord, an original brass Sparkle, and some Spiderwire (gotta be at least 30-50 feet) wrapped around a piece of thin cardboard.

In my older, slightly larger wallet, I had a longer piece of cord running through a brass tube, two tinderquick, a piece of sandpaper, and a small coil of wire. Maybe I will add more stuff to this one later. But I like the neat size.

Anyway, to me, it is a cool wallet and very well made. So far, I am liking it.

Rocky Road Lerp, Gopherman and Ganado like this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Now that the review is written, I believe it is sushi time!!

Gopherman and Ganado like this.
  3. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep Site Supporter++

I have a George Castanza wallet! The sink wont fit in there, so , I don't carry that with me. My wife tells me if I didn't have that wallet I wouldn't have a butt at all to hold my pants up!:)
    My brother gave me a canvas and Velcro wallet for my 17th birthday when I enlisted in the Army. I carried that thing for 37 years. It's hard to let go of things you grown attached to sometimes!

Ganado, Yard Dart and Hanzo like this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Sushi could be my jello too...

[​IMG]

Tobit, Gopherman and Ganado like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Me too @Hanzo love sashimi and sushi both!

Hanzo likes this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

The toro was soooo good!

Ganado likes this.
  7. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep Site Supporter++

That's just, Straight Up Cruel!
    We found a couple all you can eat Sushi Rest. out here for $12.95. I thought how good can it be? I was amazed. We have thrown as much as $200 a visit in the past.
    We do sushi about once a month![drooling]
    Hey you just derailed your own thread![LMAO]

Ganado and Hanzo like this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

It wouldn't be a proper hanzo thread without grub!

Ganado and Gopherman like this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I like it the way it is just fine...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7