Benchmade Dumpster Fire - They Can Kiss My Grits

Discussion in 'Blades' started by 3M-TA3, Feb 21, 2019.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I used to be proud that Benchmade was a local company. I've driven past their HQ and domestic manufacturing countless times over the years. Then this happened yesterday:

[​IMG]b

The Facebook post was quickly taken down by the OCPD as soon as the discussion turned critical of the Police for destroying what could have been auctioned (like all other government assets) and WTF was Benchmade involved?

The OCPD then made a deceptive post about having to destroy firearms that citizens turned in and had requested they be destroyed as well as firearms that were used in the commission of a crime and the judge had requested by destroyed. They did not clearly state that ALL the firearms destroyed were in these categories and have stillnot responded to questions about such.

Back to Benchmade... While the OCPD may have been required to destroy some firearms, Benchmade did not have to take their business. For a company that claims to be a strong supporter of the Second Amendment this is quite perplexing.

Now let's take a closer look at something else - let's peek in on what politicians they support:
    Senate Ron Wyden (D-OR) $12,900
    House Kurt Schrader (D-OR) $11,900
    Senate Mark Udall (D-CO) $5,200
    Senate Martin Heinrich (D-NM) $2,700
    Senate Scott Brown (R-MA) $1,000
    House Robert Cornilles (R-OR) $1,000
    House Greg Walden (R-OR) $1,000
    House Scott Bruun (R-OR) $500
    Senate Jeff Merkley (D-OR) $500

Not a single Republican in the last 4 years,but we do see several Democrats bought and paid for by Bloomberg .

How Benchmade Knives Betrayed American Gun Owners - Prepper.org

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Benchmade responded on their Instagram page. Must be they are feeling the heat.That is a hard one. They support the local PD but by helping them, they may have angered their customer base.

• benchmadeknifecompany
      SEE OFFICIAL STATEMENT BELOW

Benchmade is aware of the recent post from our local Oregon City Police Department.
      -
      We apologize for the confusion and concern that this post created. These were firearms that the Oregon City Police Department had to destroy in alignment with their policies. Oregon City Police requested the use of specialty equipment within the Benchmade facility to follow these requirements, and as a supporting partner of our local police force, we obliged the request.
      -
      Benchmade is a proud and unwavering supporter of both law enforcement and Second Amendment rights. These are commitments that we do not take lightly and will continue to support well into the future.
      -
      When asked for clarity from Oregon City Police Department, Chief Jim Band made the following statement: “When property is to be destroyed, it is the policy of the Oregon City Police Department to destroy property, including firearms, in accordance to our procedures and ORS. The Oregon City Police Department does not sell firearms.” -Benchmade

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

A Great Big FU BenchMade, your customer support sucks big time, a life time warranty really isnt life time, and your refusal to support your product and support your customers is a well known practice! This latest move has further enraged your customers and turned other potentials away from your way over priced junk! Americans are a very loyal and patriotic bunch, and us Vets especially, and when a company such as yours screws those people over, that dosnt sit well with us! I have not owned a BenchMade product for over 20 years, and always recomend one of the other 5 Oregon Makers, superior quality, workmanship, and unwavering waranty and customer support, so, Go F Your Self BenchMade! You lost me many many years ago!

This is my reply to them after this latest move, hope they learn from this and the thousands of other pissed off American Vets and Patriots!

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Their own Facebook page is currently a dumpster fire. Last time I looked hours ago there were over 3,000 negative posts and it was baout the same on the OCPD "explanation" post.

There are MANY other local knife manufacturers in my area like CRKT, Kershaw, and Gerber.

Benchmade did not have to take their business and I bet they thought nobody would ever find out. I hope they get heat for the two NFA violations in the picture above as the rifle and shotgun became illegal SBR's on their way tothe scrapheap.

5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I am not buying their story. I can understand a business wanting to stay on good terms with the police but this goes beyond what is necessary. Frankly, I have never understood the reasoning for having to destroyed firearms. Why not auction them off and give proceeds to a local charity or something? What's to be gained by destroying them?
    Frankly, it's their political donations that destroy their creditability. I think I am done with them...
    So... Let's see what is on my Boycott list these days: NFL, Gillette, Ann Coulter, Benchmade…

6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I know about CRKT, Gerbe,and Kershaw - who are the other two?

7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The ONLY firearms that they should have destroyed were the Hi-Points, but that's actually a mercy killing. The recycled steel would be much better off as a shovel or a beer can. The rest are excess inventory and should have been auctioned off like all government agencies are required to do by law.

SB21 and Bandit99 like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT)
    Leatherman,
    Kershaw,
    Gerber,
    BenchMade!

Washington,
    Tooth and Nail knives,
    Lanscaster Knives,

9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

How could I forget Leatherman? His dad Ken was a good friend of my Dad!

Was hoping the fifth wasn't Backstabberade... :oops: Maybe that will be the replacement for the Infidel - the Backstabber

Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

If you are looking for a new knife company please look at Spyderco. Amazing knives and they are very American. They have a piece of a tower from 9/11 in their show room. Very patriotic company.

Tevin, Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Im a big fan of CRKT and Gerber, both offer lots of neato stuff, and CRKT does some very cool blades! My Gerber MK-1 fighting knife is still my all time fave, was a gift from my Dad!

Gafarmboy, Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Zero Tolerance is a Kershaw line, made locally in Tualatin. I like how they jumped right in on it.
    [​IMG]

Brokor, oldawg, hot diggity and 2 others like this.
  13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I have had a few Kershaw, some are great, some, Meh!
    My little Scallion is a viscous little bastard, cuts me almost as often as what im using it on, but damn, its a slick little knife!

Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

This is the rumored replacement for the Infidel... Introducing the 2019 Backstabber (Special Screwjob Limited Edition).
    [​IMG]

percival, Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Beer Cans are Aluminum.....

3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Dude!
    Once again we have something in common!
    My Father gave me his MK I and MK II years ago. Gerber knives of the 60's 70's were WAY better than the stuff they produce now.:(
    This news about Benchmade sucks ass. Sass and I have Kershaw's for our EDC. I still prefer the Gerber multi tool over the Leatherman. I put one in every cache and again, it's EDC for the both of us.

Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Not in the good old days when we had to use can openers

SB21, apache235, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  18. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Or pull tabs!

Tully Mars and 3cyl like this.
  19. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I'm ambivalent towards Benchmade.

They destroyed guns mandated for destruction by a legal and local court of law. Any number of people or companies in the area would have done the deed if Benchmade hadn't done it.

We don't know the political pressure weapons manufacturers in the area might be in. (Actually we might since they were professionally assassinated by the intentional posts of the local police department.)

I don't regret the destruction of criminal guns as long as we have both free or regulated trade to buy for ourselves. I believe in JuJu and don't want to unknowingly buy a firearm that murdered good children or adults. There is no "exception to the rule" . No matter the street or personal interest value.

I promise you the post that revealed Benchmade's action came from a right hating Liberal in pure animosity. Don't play into it.

GrayGhost likes this.
  20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Nope, The Pull Tab cans were Aluminum... The Engineer whos name is on that Patent was Harold Brindle Jr, and he worked for Alcoa at the time... He was my Boss for 30 years... and he also invented, and Patented, while at Alcoa, the Aluminum Vacumn Lid on the Gerber Babyfood Glass Jar Packaging....

Tully Mars, Altoidfishfins and SB21 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7