Best reply to send polticians saying money

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldDude49, Aug 22, 2022.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Find the polarization so complete, including myself, that in most cases I completely ignore any attempts to speak of politics with anyone who doesn't agree with me. The normal give and take and ability to change ones views based on new information is gone and the continuation and expansion of political power and control of the state now dominates all parties. I think it has now reached the point that many see the ship of state as sinking and our whole political system has degenerated to a life or death struggle by all groups for the available seats on the life boats. The normal exercise of government, to foster the common good, has transformed into each group trying to get the most they can for their members. That includes money, favorable laws, political advantages and in the long run, physical control of both the population and the remaining resources.

3. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I am not a registered Republican. That does not matter. If you cannot go out and vote against this administration, that tried to institutionalize an honest to goodness ministry of disinformation, what will motivate you? When we're honest, you only have two choices: the people who hate the bill of rights and the slightly less corrupt party. I don't give a rip if you're a Dem, a Rep, or an other. I'd like to keep the freaking bill of rights, so could we please stand our lines conservatives? We are beyond the point of allowing the perfect to be the enemy of the good. Could we just please not step aside and allow an authoritarian regime to have free reign?

4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Two Wings.......... Same Bird.

GOG, Cruisin Sloth, duane and 2 others like this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Yep, and I hate to bad mouth the vulture, as it has its place in the overall system, but it is surely more fitting than the eagle for the bird involved.

Thunder5Ranch and Seepalaces like this.
  6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I am old enough and have had family who lived in America through the 1800s and 1900s to tell me about how it used to be. My grandfather was born in 1918 and lived in the time before the IRS, before the CIA, FBI, ATF, J Edgar, etc and all the other UNCONSTITUTIONAL BS agencies. He told me how it used to be. He showed us all that world. How he served in WW2. We have films of our family and the things we did from when it was still good. Everyone had their own businesses. My family built houses, hotels, farms, cars, new and useful inventions, they created things to make the country and the world a better place.

Today the only thing anyone cares about is money. How to get the most you can no matter how you do it. Politicians used to care about what people thought of them. The people watched politicians and wrote them letters telling them how they felt and what to do. The politicians wrote back. My grandfather has a gold plate from Ronald Reagan. Today, they do insider trading, have critics killed, make millions and billions of dollars through illegal activities like drug dealing and selling guns to our enemies. There is no difference between politicians and the mafia. They don't listen to the people or respect their wishes. They tell us straight to our faces that WE are the problem. They have outlived their usefulness if they ever had one.

Unfortunately it is up to the people to remove them. There is no government agency that is going to remove itself no matter how bad of a job they do. How many people do you know who are up to that task? Personally I could only name about 3% of the US who is willing to stand up.

Cruisin Sloth and Seepalaces like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Gotta agree with him. Say what you will about the democrats, but they are well organized and support each to the death and when they get power, they damn well use it. While we have bought-and-paid (China) POS politicians like Mitch McConnell. As far as Lindsey Graham, he should understand that WE THE PEOPLE like President Trump and WE are the damn party so perhaps he should either join us or don't let the door hit him in the a$$. I think there is a rude awaking coming to many of these elite Republicans in the near future as our dear Elizabeth Cheney found out a few days ago (well done Wyoming!).

EDIT: This is a great video and exactly expresses my feeling about the Republican party. Yeah, I'm a registered Republican but more so out of necessity as not to split the vote helping the radical left Democrats.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    Seepalaces, enloopious and CraftyMofo like this.
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I tell fund raisers that I will donate money when they are in office and DO SOMETHING! Don't pay in advance and hope they do a good job!

9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I love this and will have to remember it LOL!. "Sorry, but I don't pay in advance but when you do the work and finish the job then by all means please come ask me for money!" Love this! LOL!!!!!! I kind of hope they call soon! LOL!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    Seepalaces likes this.
  10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Corruption in government has turned the eagle into a Dodo

Seepalaces likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7