Best Second Amendment Quote Ever! by a politician

Discussion in 'Politics' started by melbo, Sep 25, 2007.

1. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

My answer is is no, and that is why I support Ron Paul he is not for either of your options so your point is???

OGM

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Fred Thompson is a long-time friend of my wife's family and I have the utmost regard for him. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of his platform. I support Ron Paul because he is a constitutionalist; period. The Republican party has fallen from grace and I would support a libertarian before I will support them until they manage to revert to the GOP as was formerly structured. This is the first ever campaign where I have donated funds towards the support of a candidate. The shame of it is that myself and tens of thousands of others would rather see a democrat in office than to allow the present regime to continue to trash our constitution. At least with democrats, we will rise up and fight back.
    The point is that we are going to take our country back, even if we have to tear it down and start over.

3. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

The point is, if you ask me a question, don't contain the choices for your desired answers that match your own opinion. I have my own opinion and can ask the same kinds of questions of you. I prefer to hear your opinion, when asking. Respect mine, the same.

I've stated many reasons I do not support Ron Paul. We'll see who the frontrunners are, come November. I love America as much as you or any members, here. I've been back to Iraq twice, since joining this forum. I retired from the USMC in 1992 after 24 years of active duty and have been recalled twice. I'll go back again, if called. That's how much I believe in winning this war. A vote for Ron Paul is against my beliefs. Ric Douglas

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I fully respect your opinion and yor service ric. Let's remember that debate does not = hatred... I like the challenges and differences of opinions. Since I got on the RP kick, a few of my friends here have stopped callng me. It's not personal at all against those who believe differently than me or you. We are all Americans. And we all sincerely believe that our guy is the best for the country. I really don't think anyone has ever supported a candidate tht they feel will bring the country down.

All a matter of prospective and to me,
    yours sux! [raspberry]

just kidding!
    we are fine [whipem]

lol... seriously, you are entitled to your opinion....

[sheep][sheep][sheep]

All the above was in jest.
    Carry on like gentlemen.

5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Agreed totally. We are a diverse group here with a lot of diverse opinions. Each one as valid as the next.

I think we Paul supporters are sensitive to the bias and lies told about our candidate.
    Personal opinion is everyones right. But to repeat media lies that misrepresent what Ron Paul stands for is what I rail against.

Taking his vote on an issue as proof of an endorsement when in reality it was a vote against the constitutionality of the issue. That is wrong and will not go unchallenged. The media uses that same type of misdirection to ridicule him and twist what he says and what he stands for.

Another thing that gets me is claiming he is a Libertarian. He did run on that ticket one time as a third party candidate. And got the third highest pecentage of the popular vote. But he has always been a Republican. And the republican party is more than just the neo-con ultra-conservatives. There are moderate and liberal republicans just as there are moderate and liberal democrats.

For example, the blogger that Ric sites says that RP is pro Gay rights because he voted against a constitutional amendment to ban same sex marriage. But so did Fred Thompson, and many other conservative Republicans. But is it used to "prove" that Fred Thompson is pro gay? No. That is why we "Paulites" are sensitive when that type of smear tactic is used against our candidate.

You, Ric, and everyone else is of course entitled to your opinion. But I would rather see you tell us why you support your candidate than to come here and deride ours.

6. ozarkgoatman

Ric Doug

All that you what is respect of your opinion #&!! I'd die defending your opinion, even though I don't agree with it. I have mixed feelings about staying in Iraq, but at some time and point we have to stop trying to police the world, this in my opinion would curtail alot of our problems. IMHO Ron Paul is the only one that will respect the Consitition and that is why I am behind him. A vote for anyone else is a vote for the North American Union and the NWO IMHO.

OGM
    Former US Navy Hospital Corpsman 2nd & 3rd Marine Divisions [beer]

7. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

8. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

We agree to disagree, Doc. Anchors away. Ric

Try this quiz, for entertainment purposes:

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

What is totally whacked about this whole "race" is that the news weenies head things up with noise about who raised how much money. Wonder why that is more important than real positions that are substantive. Wonder why it is more important to throw bricks at the opposition than it is to state a principle (and then stick with it.) Jeez, I get disgusted with these pickleheads that try to be more righteous (and mundane) in speech than in habits.

(Picklehead = salt for brains)

10. ozarkgoatman

Agreed leather neck. [beer]

Your Quiz still says Ron Paul is my man. [winkthumb] BTW Fred did come in as secound.

OGM

11. melbo

GOA director on Ron Paul. Notice he states that Paul votes with the Constitution on EVERY vote. Not on the whim of supporters.
    Some of you can pick and choose on the votes and how they were cast, If it's not directly delegated to the Federal .Gov, RP votes against it. Need to look at that as well.

http://www.gunowners.org/pres08/paul.htm

[SIZE=+1] Ron Paul[/SIZE]
    by Larry Pratt
    Executive Director

Ron Paul has represented areas near Houston, Texas for nearly 20 years in the U.S. House of Representatives. He has the reputation of the paramount defender of the Constitution and seeks to follow it in casting every one of his votes.

Ron Paul has been a leader in the fight to defend and restore the Second Amendment. He has sponsored legislation to repeal the following:
    • the Brady law;
    • the requirement to lock up your safety (guns);
    • the law permitting the US to be part of the UN (which, among other attacks on American freedoms, seeks to ban privately transfered firearms);
    • participation in UNESCO -- which has been used to dumb down US education standards;
    • the federal prohibition on importation of guns on a sporting basis test;
    • federal prohibitions on any pilot wishing to carry a handgun to and in his cockpit; and,
    • the so-called "assault weapons" ban (prior to its sunsetting in 2004).
    Paul also has sponsored legislation requiring states to treat the concealed carry permit of one state the same as they do that state's driver's license.

Paul has viewed his opposition to a national ID card as a protection for gun owners. A national ID card would most likely identify the bearer as a gun owner, among other things of interest to government officials.

Paul acknowledges his underdog status in the 2008 presidential race. He argues that he is offering himself as a pro-Second Amendment alternative to the candidates who have initially led the field, none of whom have a pro-gun record. Paul hopes to use his long experience in raising grassroots support to gain sufficient funding to become the pro-gun alternative to the current leaders of the field.

Ron Paul is a Medical Doctor who for years even as a member of Congress continued practicing as an obstetrician. He is married and has five children, 17 grandchildren and one great-grandchild.

12. melbo

The NRA got pissed at RP because he voted with the constitution and supported states rights. I am in financial straights right now but have contributed the full $4600 combined with my wife to the good Drs campaign. My first ever political donations

Some of you are asleep at the wheel. THis is the only pro constitution guy we have running. If you feel hurt by one of his positions, go read the constitution and see if he voted in line with it. (He Did) always[​IMG]<!---- content ----->

<hr> [​IMG]
    <hr> ​
    <!-- begin pfv --> <!-- writer and photo option --> <hr noshade="noshade" size="1"> <!-- end option --><!-- leadin graphic --> [​IMG] <!-- end leadin graphic --> <hr noshade="noshade" size="1"> <!-- standing head --> [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]WEAPONS OF CHOICE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    <!-- end standing head --><!-- head --> [FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Gun supporters split
    over Rep. Paul
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    <!-- end head --><!-- deck --> [FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]NRA threatens to pull endorsement due to vote on lawsuit bill[/SIZE][/FONT]
    <!-- end deck --> <hr size="1"> [SIZE=-1]Posted: April 26, 2003
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

[/SIZE] [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times][FONT=Palatino, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times, serif] <!-- byline --> By Jon Dougherty
    <!-- end byline --> <!--- copywrite only show on NON commentary pages as per joseph meeting 8/23/06 ------> [SIZE=-1] <!-- copyright --> © 2003 WorldNetDaily.com <!-- end copyright --> [/SIZE] [/FONT] [/FONT]
    <!-- begin bodytext --> [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]A staunchly pro-gun-rights lawmaker has repeated his opposition to legislation that would protect firearms manufacturers from liability suits, despite a report that the National Rifle Association may pull its support for him in the next election. [/FONT]
    <table align="right"> <tbody><tr> <td width="105">[​IMG]
    Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, voted to oppose H.R. 1036, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, because he said he feared it would be an unconstitutional enhancement of federal power. As WorldNetDaily reported, the bill passed the House earlier this month 285-140. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]But because he voted against the bill, the NRA may drop its support of Paul in the future, according to Chicago Sun-Times syndicated columnist Robert Novak. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"Paul evoked the NRA's ire April 9 by opposing a bill that would order federal and state courts to immediately dismiss lawsuits against gun makers and gun sellers," Novak wrote. "Paul always has defended Second Amendment protection for gun owners. However, he objected to Congress legislating against state rights." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Novak claimed gun-rights groups were split over Paul, who is also a physician. "While the NRA wants to challenge him, the Gun Owners of America are in full support," he wrote. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]An operator at NRA headquarters outside Washington, D.C., said all of the organization's spokespersons were attending the group's annual meeting in Orlando, Fla., and were unavailable for comment. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Jeff Deist, Paul's spokesman, told WorldNetDaily he had no comment on Novak's report. Instead, he referred to his boss' statement opposing the bill on the House floor prior to the vote. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, confirmed that his group "fully supports" Paul. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"We disagree with his view that the bill was anti-federal by telling states not to allow frivolous lawsuits against the firearms industry," Pratt told WorldNetDaily. "We believe that these suits themselves are the federalism buster. They permit a court in one state to set policy for the whole country." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]However, he said, "GOA fully supports Ron Paul who is the gun owners' Top Gun in Congress." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"Ron Paul has introduced bills to wipe out most federal gun-control laws. It is pretty hard to get more pro-gun than Ron Paul," Pratt said, a position Paul made clear in his House statement. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"I rise today as a firm believer in the Second Amendment and an opponent of all federal gun laws," Paul told lawmakers. "In fact, I have introduced legislation, the Second Amendment Restoration Act (H.R. 153), which repeals misguided federal gun-control laws such as the Brady Bill and the assault-weapons ban. I believe the Second Amendment is one of the foundations of our constitutional liberties." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]However, he continued, "another foundation of those liberties is the oath all of us took to respect constitutional limits on federal power. While I understand and sympathize with the goals of the proponents of the [Act], this bill exceeds those constitutional limitations, and so I must oppose it." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Visitors to gun-rights website KeepAndBearArms.com voiced support for Paul. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"When it comes to choosing between Ron Paul and the NRA, I'll pick Ron every time," said one visitor who claimed to be from Paul's district in Texas. "I'm glad to say he is my representative, and while I was initially surprised he voted 'against,' I understand the reason he did and I still support him." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"If the NRA opposes Ron Paul in any election bid, I will immediately cancel my NRA membership and I will never join the NRA again … ever," said another reader. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"The NRA opposes Ron Paul and they'll regret that," said another. "Ron Paul never compromises on Second Amendment issues." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Not everyone agreed. "I am stunned by Ron Paul's position on this one and will be talking to him about it as soon as I possibly can," said one reader. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre praised the House vote. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"Congress acted … to protect one of America's oldest and most honorable industries," he said. "Their action is a big step forward toward ending these careless lawsuits. These suits are a deliberate attempt aimed at manipulating our legal system to advance a failing political agenda." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]In his floor statement, Paul summed up his opposition to the bill on constitutional grounds. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"It is long past time for Congress to recognize that not every problem requires a federal solution," he said. "I would remind my fellow supporters of gun rights that using unconstitutional federal powers to restrict state gun lawsuits makes it more likely those same powers will be used to restrict our gun rights." [/FONT]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7