Black Rifle Coffee

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Hanzo, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

DuxDawg, Brokor, HK_User and 6 others like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I still roasting my own.... Fresh roast coffee every month! :D

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've been thinking of trying out their coffee as well. Still might,,,not sure I want to pay the extra pricing tho.

4. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

We tried it, it was OK and it did support vets, but... We get fresh roast locally at a cheaper rate. I like the idea though.

5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Wife and I are Fans of their Coffee, We find it to be pretty good and it matches well to what she and I are used to. I like that it supports VETS and the owner and crew are awesome folks as well! If your willing to try another of theirs, try the 7.62 Blend, Quite good, or the Murdered Out blend for a most awesome Navy Spec Destroyer Fuel!

Brokor, oldawg, HK_User and 5 others like this.
  6. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Husband didn't care for it, but we bought a bunch and gave it away for exactly the same reason everyone else is listing.

Hanzo, oldawg, HK_User and 4 others like this.
  7. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

liked what I tried... but ya expensive...

Ura-Ki and Hanzo like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Maybe change up how you brew it up, Personally I like to French Press it, second best would be Turkish Brewing, really brings the fullness of the flavors out, keep the water temp below 200 Deg, and you should have a better brew. Conversely, cold brewing is also a very good way to brew it! Also, BRCC is pretty bold, try a smaller charge of coffee to start with and build up slowely until you find your personal best!

DuxDawg, Hanzo and Brokor like this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

French press all the way with my electric water heater, makes a cup in no time. I do prefer tea, but lately I've been on a coffee kick because of a special on Gevalia espresso roast at the local supermarket.

Black Rifle Coffee looks pretty awesome. [winkthumb]

Hanzo and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Ura-Ki and SB21 like this.
  11. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Ura-Ki likes this.
  12. BenP

BenP Monkey++

My wife says the AK-47 blend makes her shaky. :)

oldman11, Ura-Ki and Hanzo like this.
  13. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Yikes.

oldman11 and Ura-Ki like this.
  14. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

For you Tin Canners, the 7.62 blend is best for Navy Spec.Cofveve, and the Murdered Out is best for "Destroyer Fuel" but you want a touch more egg white with it otherwise you get a serious oil slick!

Hanzo and oldman11 like this.
  15. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

<pouting here> don't see no coffee for leather necks.... ohno[dancindevil]

Hanzo, Ura-Ki, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
  16. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

I think that would be Sanka instant.

Hanzo, Ura-Ki and oldman11 like this.
  17. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I am one of this that actually "like" my taste buds and sanity .
    I water Mc Donalds coffee down. cream and sugar .

Hanzo and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Just hold the Salt from Navy Cofveve, and you got Deck Ape Go Go Juice! LOL

Hanzo and oldawg like this.
  19. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

A few months ago I ordered a small box of 12 K-Cup "rounds" off EBay with each round titled "CAF" (Caffeinated As F...). It arrived in a small grey cardboard box with the outside graphics to make it appear as a traditional military ammo can. It was (as previous posters have mentioned) about twice the price of other brands of K-Cup coffees.

It is strong stuff such that I can run the equivalent of two cups of water through the Keurig to make two cups of decent coffee (or one large one) by blending the first and second together. The box describes this particular coffee as 100% Arabica, roasted slightly above "medium" on their roast scale of 1-to-10 with a "6".

Upon peeling open a new CAF K-Cup out of curiosity, I noticed that it contained nearly a full K-Cup (about 95%) of ground coffee, where most other brand K-Cups contain coffee up to about an 80% level. Perhaps that is why they are describing this product as highly caffeinated---more coffee in the K-Cup.

In using the Keurig machine over a few years, I've observed that keeping the level at around 80% in either the personal choice K Adapter, or as seen in most commercial K-Cups, derives a more efficient flow through of the hot water within the K-Cup down into the coffee cup. Too much ground coffee in the K-Cup can cause slow flow through, leakage out the top of the K-Cup, or even an eventual pump stoppage before a full cup is pumped. A lot of that depends upon too fine a grind causing resistance to water flow through.

Such was NOT the experience with this Black Rifle brand. I use the BRCC CAF coffee as a novelty item to serve to friends and relatives when they visit. I have not sampled any of the other BRCC coffee types, and will do so in the future. It's good coffee, though not the best, but supporting a bunch of dot mil vets is a cause close to my heart.

Ura-Ki, Hanzo and oldawg like this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yup black rifle coffee is a bunch of conservative hating, dnc donating pink hat wearing libtards. They hid it well for a while. No one could have known this in 2018 unless you knew them personally and may not have known it even if you worked there from the time it was a tiny company.
    After 2020 I don't know why anyone would buy anything from them after the Kenosha kid incident. They cowered to the cancel mob like little bitches they are.
    I expect chell to buy from them.
    Now the company high ups are accused of benefiting from squeezing their stock. You probably never heard of a stock squeeze like this because I don't think anyone has been dumb enough to try to squeeze their own company's stock for like 50 years, because it's really easy to get caught and convinced. It's the white collar crime equivalent of getting caught walking out of a B and E with stolen goods in hand, but the perp already has a good lawer on retainer.
    If you got burned on the black rifle coffee stock squeeze, hahahhaha sucks to be you and you suck.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    Minuteman likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7