1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Brian Williams lying about war zone exploits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Feb 6, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

We have all heard about guys lying about their military service claiming to be SEALS or decorated Marines.
    But Brian Williams lying about Iraq and now it seems Katrina takes it to be a new low when he has been repeating it for years and it seems he can't keep his stories straight and has a direct line into millions of homes.

I guess a talking head news reader from NBC should have limited if any credibility given that they employ the idiot sharpton and blowhard chris matthews but part of the population believe these guys and that is the crime in this.

Saved a puppy from a burning house..
    Brian Williams: I Once Saved a Puppy from a Burning House :: Grabien - The Multimedia Marketplace

NBC News anchor Brian Williams' comments about dead bodies, Hurricane Katrina starting to gain attention, draw scrutiny | News | The New Orleans Advocate — New Orleans, Louisiana

For years, Brian Williams had been telling a story that wasn’t true. On Wednesday night, he took to his anchor chair on “NBC Nightly News” to apologize for misleading the public.
    On Thursday, his real problems started.

A host of military veterans and pundits came forward on television and social media, challenging Mr. Williams’s assertion that he had simply made a mistake when he spoke, on several occasions, about having been in a United States military helicopter forced down by enemy fire in Iraq in 2003. Some went so far as to call for his resignation.

In his apology, Mr. Williams said that he had been on a different helicopter, behind the one that had sustained fire, and that he had inadvertently “conflated” the two. The explanation earned him not only widespread criticism on radio and TV talk shows, but widespread ridicule on Twitter, under the hashtag "Brianwilliamsmisremembers"

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

Well there you go, another lying liberal. Right up there with Hillary taking sniper fire in Bosnia and Warren being of American Indian ancestry because her grandmother had high cheek bones!!

I know, there are more but time and space are limited!! :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

Brian is just another cog in the media machine that drives the message the .gov deems appropriate for the consumers of it's garbage. I have seen to many folks that have grabbed on to the spot light by just being in the area of some shit. Brian is trying to forward his fame/persona/whatever via stolen valor. He should be ashamed... but he is not giving a damn tonight. This will get pushed under the rug like much other crap that folks forget within a few days... and then he will continue to spew his garbage about how the state of the union is running so perfectly.... ......[sheep]
    Marck, oldawg, Altoidfishfins and 2 others like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

You mean there are actually people who watch NBC? :cautious:
    Marck, Sapper John and stg58 like this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yes.... many [sheep]
    Marck and stg58 like this.
  6. Yard Dart

To be be honest, I watch it from time to time just to see the slant of what is the topic of the day..... I watch a lot of media, when compelled, that I may disagree with. I think if you are not paying attention to what all parties are saying... you are missing the full story. The truth is always somewhere in the middle usually... other times when they agree.... we all need to run like hell, they are up to something.
    gunbunny, Motomom34, kellory and 2 others like this.
  7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

To me, it is like looking at the wine selection at the discount market... all labels you don't recognize presenting varietals you know. but can't trust to be what it says it is.

Does that make sense?
  8. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Exploitation is what the media is best at.
    Marck, stg58 and Dunerunner like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Here's the way I see it.
    Perhaps he has terminal cancer and was so the media heads approached him about running his lying ass off to show John Q Public that the media deals with their own and give's the persona that the media IS reporting the truth....
    Sheep baiting should be illegal!!!
  10. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

Well, he recognized that when he became the news, he should take some time away, and is doing that.
  11. stg58

Rosie O'Donnell is available now, a toss up on creditability with rest of the lib media.
    Marck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Marck, gunbunny and Yard Dart like this.
  13. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

Fire his pathetic lying butt. He is done. Of course it is not like he was credible anyways.
  14. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey++

Naturally this makes one wonder even more about what other distortions and outright lies they're telling us. It also makes one wonder how the left in this country can continue to swallow the garbage they spew, hook, line and sinker.
    The MSM messages ultimately lead to the same conclusion - bigger government, more regulation and higher taxes are the answer to all our problems.
  15. stg58

He was "Suspended" for six months without pay..
    In other words there is more out there and they want fizzle out for an eventual canning..
    Marck likes this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I heard he once kicked Chuck Norris a$$
    I call BS.
  1. Yard Dart
  2. Bandit99
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Yard Dart
  6. ghrit
    [IMG] Note the date.