1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Gear Review Buck Marksman™ Knife

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by stg58, Apr 2, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

There are so many quality knives out there Buck, Gerber, Benchmade ect...
    A while back I posted on my favorite for years the Buck 110 Hunter which I still like but about 4 months back I picked up a Buck Marksman and it has become my EDC knife.
    The ability to adjust the lock up with an Allen wrench is one of the features I like and the ball bearing pivot is very quick to open and lock up.
    In folding knives serrated blades are harder to sharpen the drop point is much easier to sharpen and the Marksman knife holds its edge.

The Buck USA made forever warranty and Bos heat treat blade combines for quality knife.

Knives are a very personal piece of gear and I am not saying my knife is better than yours but I like the Buck Marksman knife and picked up a second one.

When Buck designed the Marksman™, the features definitely deliver one of the strongest locking blades available for tactical operatives. Utilizing the locking mechanism developed by Grant and Gavin Hawk, the new SLS (Strong Lock System) is one of the strongest locking mechanisms on the market. The SLS, once deployed, offers the strength of a fixed blade. An innovative ball bearing pivot system allows for quick and easy opening by simply sliding one finger along the strap. Fully opening the blade securely engages the SLS. With a hefty blade of 154CM steel and a solid aluminum handle, the Marksman™ is designed for heavy tactical operations.

154CM STEEL
    This steel is ideal forexcellent edge retention, great corrosion resistance and for heavy cutting applications. For best performance, we harden to a standard Rc 59-61.

This blade is full bellied with a strong, thick point for heavier tasks. It can also be used as a general work knife. The top of the blade drops down toward the tip, which minimizes accidental puncturing while skinning. The drop point blade is strong and very versatile.

Marck, vonslob, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Great brand, great steel, great heat treat -great knife. Looks like a winner to me!
  3. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I love my bucks, have a 110, 301, 112, and a 119. Thank you for the review
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Wow Nice Review stg58
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary