Burner phones and propane tanks, what have we here?

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Motomom34, Dec 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Unsure what is going on but some headlines have caught my attention. We have an elevated terror threat in this country and when you see certain headlines, the flag goes up. There have been a large number of pre-paid cell phones that have been purchased. Around 100 pre-paid cell phones have been purchased. The first story I read was two men at around 3 a.m. in the morning buying 59 burner phones. Seems odd to me. Bulk burner phone purchases could happen, it is almost Christmas so maybe they are going to be gifting them to the homeless or something. I do not know but when you find out they were shopping at 3 a.m. that seems odd but it could happen. Since then there has been two more incidents of burner phones being purchased.

FBI Alerted to Suspicious Cellphone Buys in Missouri « CBS St. Louis

Then we have someone stealing propane tanks. People steal all sorts of stuff so theft happens but a propane tank has other uses besides helping to grill meat. Reason to cause alarm or not, you decide.

Dozens of propane tanks stolen from three different Missouri locations | FOX2now.com Here is another story this one has both cell phone purchase & propane theft. Police: Dozens of propane tanks stolen from several stores in Missouri | KFOR.com

Love this part of the article-
    The FBI says it is up to law enforcement to connect the dots. Retired agent Michael Taubman tells WDAF-TV:
    "The good news is this is probably not part of terrorist planning for a number of reasons," said Taubman. "One is they wouldn't steal these items because they know that would attract law enforcement's attention. Also this would not be a tool of choice."

That is right, it is up to law enforcement to connect the dots. Do not worry, do not wonder they will tell you when to panic.

These headlines and speculations now have a page on Snopes:
    Large Cell Phone Purchase Rumor : snopes.com

So false flag in the making? People just buying and steal stuff? Or are the bad guys planning an attack? I am not sure but reading the news and keeping ones eyes open is advisable.

2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Maybe the meth cookers have decided to take it big time. :D Around here they steal the 20# tanks to put anhydrous in.

3. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Sounds like we need more federal phone and propane tank controls. Register them all!

4. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I can say that we bought a whole bunch of those phones to take to South America with us last year. We gave them to the mission kids. I think we bought like twenty.

UncleMorgan and Motomom34 like this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Ok, smoking hot deal on prepaid cell phone and make a profit selling them in your own store!
    As for stealing propane tanks, again, money, take a look at how much they charge for a tank w/o exchange .. what 60 bucks? What petty criminal could pass up 1200 dollars just sitting outside of a gas station after close.

Or, get ready for another false flag even in St. Louis .. they are prepping you for it.

As for me, I'm going to assume profit and petty criminals, and go look for those dogs barking jingle bells on YouTube

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just so folks know..... Propane Tanks can be setup with Electric Solinoid Valves, and an Electric Igniter, all triggered from a Burner Phone, that makes an FAE... (Fuel/Air Explosive = Poor Mans Nuke)
    This is NOT Rocket Science, very effective.... You ever see what happens to a House with a NG Leak, goes Boom? Well Propane is just as dangerous, and equally as Powerful, if the System is designed correctly...

7. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

As far as no contract phones I would not be surprised if we need more and more ID these days. cold meds because of the meth cookers one place around here wanted ID for CO2 cartridges and BB's or .117 pellets (I don't do business there).
    Soon we may need ID for many more things like peroxide....
    Acetone peroxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Except for voting we all know the illegals can be trusted.

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Sloth, I put this in the tinfoil hat lounge for a reason. Personally I do not know how to make meth nor do I know how to make a bomb. The incidence that I listed did happened and the news is circulating thus they have a Snopes page. Did you read it? Some of the news stories I saw implied that it was a set up for a terrorist attack but I chose to put generic news articles in. One of the articles that I linked ended with the phrase if you see something, say something.

If you see something, say something... the report on the cellphone purchase came from Wal-mart. Wal-mart called authorities. Does Wal-mart have a list of stuff that bulk purchases should be deemed as suspicious? Wal-mart no longer has a limit on ammo so if you go and buy up 10-12 boxes of ammo, will they call the authorities? After the Aurora movie theater shooting heard liberal talk about bulk ammo was purchased, authorities should be called. All those grocery story cards are tracking your purchases but why did Wal-mart feel the need to report bulk cell phone purchases?

I did not just re-post, I actually wrote and asked questions. I would like to know how that former FBI agent can assume that terrorists would not prefer to make a propane bomb. According to @BTPost a cell phone and propane tank is an easy-peasy weapon.

Like I said-
    It is advisable to read the news and not just one source.

stg58, Seepalaces, kellory and 3 others like this.
  9. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

(Sigh.) I can't wait for the day when everybody has to pass a background check and buy a license to buy anything. At all.

Ordinary flour can be turned into a bomb very easily. That's why flour mills sometimes go boom. Just another cheap n' easy variation on the ubiquitous fuel-air bomb.

Propane would be extremely easy to to turn into an IED. Burner phones can be an ideal trigger.
    Does that means the news reports are related? Nope. But they dang sure could be. And later news may prove they were.

Now that ammonium nitrate is harder to buy, other explosives will become relatively more popular.

But any Jr. High School Chemistry Geek can make some REALLY noisy stuff without the slightest bit of difficulty.

I mean RDX and worse. I mean stuff so unstable that once it dries out you can make it go boom just by shouting at it. (No exaggeration there, BTW)

So it's dangerous world out there, just as it always was. Maybe a little more dangerous, lately, and certainly more complex--but the person with their eyes open and their brain in gear can avoid all but the most unlucky of situations.

My ground rule is to not be where the crowds are, as often as possible. But then, that's partly because I just hate crowds.

Ganado, Seepalaces, BTPost and 3 others like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

UncleMorgan is absolutely correct, above.... and it is a VERY VERY Good Thing, that most of these Terrorist NutJobs are completely ILLITERATE, when it comes to Energetic Materials Science.... Heck, the San Bernadine Two couldn't even build a proper Pipe Bomb.... and they were BOTH College Educated, and had access to the Internet.... That tells you something.... To busy "Foaming at the Mouth", for Jihad, and not enough Researching.....

Tully Mars, Motomom34 and Seepalaces like this.
  11. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Except for the stuff we make you buy, like insurance that's too expensive to use.

Tully Mars and Motomom34 like this.
  12. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I kept saying that all day, these idiots could have seriously hurt a lot more people.

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

It's coming and the I believe the number on that license will be 666:whistle:

14. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Cell phone + propane = burner phone. Good one Motomom34!

Sounds like a false flag to me. WOW! Someone bought a bunch of phones (which the last time I looked was still legal, although I haven't kept current on the Obummer Ex orders)! THE HORROR! We need more gun... er... phone... er... SHEEPLE control! Hey I bet some guy went in and bought a 24 pack of bottled beer! Well you know what beer can be turned into don't you? AND he now has up to 24 empty bottles! We need BEER/GLASS BOTTLE control! What if he bought a pack of cigs too? That's TWENTY CIGS! Well you know what cigs can be used for don't you? Wow, we really need more control of the sheeple now! What if he then went and put gas in his car? Cell phone + beer + glass bottles + cigarettes + gasoline = TERRORIST! Man we got to get the Feds on this one! I mean what if the guy votes Libertarian too?! Send the SWAT team in to Waco him/them! You think I'm kidding? In Commiefornia if you tell the doc you are feeling bummed out, the quack can have a SWAT team raid your house to see if you have any guns! NO I AM NOT KIDDING ABOUT THAT! Don't get me started on vets going to the VA and admitting they have guns and are feeling down!!

As Tully already knows (I'm guessing now anyway), that the old Hebrew mark for a six was a line or "I". So you you show one of them a bar code and ask "what is that?" and they will say six-six-six. We got chips in the clothes (used to track your coming and going and where you are in the store), in any small, expensive thing (razor blades for example. You take a package out and you get your picture taken. Don't buy blades when you leave? They review the tapes to see if you stole them), etc. In South America they are pushing (for many years now) the "chip"! "Go to the bars or a concert and don't worry you have no cash! Cash can get lost or stolen, but NOW, with the swip of your hand or your forehead, you can buy tickets or drinks and not have to worry!" Ever chip your pet? Pretty much ALL race horses are chipped, and now dogs and cats too. What makes you think you are not next? If you want to buy or sell you better get the chip, before Obummer signed an ex order forcing you to!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    Homer Simpson likes this.
  15. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

He could sign that EO, but implementation will be problematic for them. ;)

Motomom34 and Tully Mars like this.
  16. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

[
    I did not just re-post, I actually wrote and asked questions. I would like to know how that former FBI agent can assume that terrorists would not prefer to make a propane bomb. According to @BTPost a cell phone and propane tank is an easy-peasy weapon.

Like I said- It is advisable to read the news and not just one source.[/QUOTE]

I think they know who the real culprits are.

Motomom34 likes this.
  17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I don't even know how to respond to your post @Legion489 & no I do not chip my dog and I refuse to registrar him also.

18. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Well when the feds or other scum want to criminalize something or SOMEONE, it doesn't matter if it makes sense or not, they just do it. Someone bought phones at 3 AM... and? I used to shop in the middle of the night due to a job I had. The lamestream media will promote anything their masters tell them to, no matter how stupid, bent, twisted or full of holes it is. The idea is CONTROL, not safety, not security (not for us anyway, only for the slave owning class). It is CONTROL of the masses! Look at all the false flags that go on that are obviously the invention of the fevered mind of some low level flunky who wants to be a high level flunky.

Look at the criminalization of just about anyone who crosses paths with these scum, and the REAL criminals who walk. How does buying phones suddenly turn into a threat of "terrorists"? Anyone who can chew gum and walk can go into any hardware store and buy enough stuff to wipe out half a city, but our masters are going through trash, finding a tea bag and claiming it is pot and raiding the place. Any excuse to criminalize everyone.

No matter what you do, they will claim it makes you look like a "terrorist" and they will Waco you to make an example out of you if they want. If you admit to feeling down the SWAT team can now raid your home, and don't think the quacks aren't going to do it to keep their little rears out of a sling if you do go nutz or they simply just hate guns!

19. shamrock75

shamrock75 Hangin in monkey

I'm certain those phones will be ebayed,propane has value and is typically outdoors...not really a terrorists bomb material.Now a days people steal scrap metal or anything of value.I shop in a college town and its sometimes hard to get items that can be ebayed for a quick buck cause the stores are always sold out.

1. Cruisin Sloth
  2. DKR
  3. Motomom34
  4. Motomom34
  5. HK_User
  6. Gator 45/70
  7. DKR
  8. Tevin
  9. HK_User
  10. DarkLight
  11. Motomom34
  12. Gopherman