Cabela's Outback lodge 10x10 tent

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by whynot, Jun 18, 2018.

1. whynot

whynot Monkey+++

Got this on sale for $169 regularly$259. Single main pole with 4 small corner poles about 3 feet tall each. I was able to set this up by myself in about 20 minutes. Came with a patch kit for the floor and a bottle of seam sealant along with a decent sized carry bag and a couple of straps to keep it rolled up.

My son talked me into camping in the back yard with him and the dogs on Saturday night. Plenty of space and well ventilated. Rain was predicted so it got zipped up at bedtime. Light rain started at around midnight and we got up around 8 perfectly dry. Left up all day Sunday during off and on rain and thunderstorms. Still dry. Left up all day Monday to dry and got a Florida style down pour with pea sized hail for 45 minutes at 5 pm. Just checked again and still dry.

First tent I've bought in about twenty five years and I'm pretty impressed so far. We have a family trip scheduled in a week and I will report back after that.

Whynot

Georgia_Boy, Hanzo, arleigh and 5 others like this.
  2. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

sec_monkey, Seepalaces and Meat like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Glad its worked out for you. I would suggest spraying it down with some water repellent spray like Never Wet , or that other stuff I can't remember the name of . It will help sooner or later. Just my experiences is after a few rains , they will start to leak , especially if you have something on the inside touching the inside of the tent during a rain. Don't let the kids touch a raindrop from the inside of tent , you will have a leak. Looks like a nice setup , just usually needs a little tweaking.

sec_monkey, Seepalaces and ochit like this.
  4. whynot

whynot Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7