Californicate is losing their minds. (No sh_t, Sherlock)

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by ghrit, Oct 17, 2019.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Zimmy, Lancer, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yea, those igets in Commyfornia, just can not help themselves... Stupidity is imbedded in their Genes...

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

SO, one of the most useful and helpful systems of Coms and you want to get rid of it? WOW
    When the next big catastrophe happens ( Very Very Soon says me) your not going to have the most reliable means of communicating, OK, let the law suits flow like a river!
    Time to take these arseholes to task and hold them accountable for their stupidity!

tacmotusn, Zimmy, hitchcock4 and 4 others like this.
  4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The Commieforia PTB don't like anyone showing independence.
    Hams are very independent, so they have to go.

tacmotusn, Zimmy, Oddcaliber and 9 others like this.
  5. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

We had a county here that decided that Amateur Radio wasn't needed any longer after they fielded their shiny new Moto P-25 system. 13 months later a controller card went south and they were off the air for about 10 hours. Police, fire, EMS, Sheriff, corrections, and county maintenance all had their eggs in that basket. Now Amateur operators are treated like gold there. Commiefornia will probably follow the same path. Like Uri-Ki says, let the lawsuits begin...

tacmotusn, Zimmy, Oddcaliber and 4 others like this.
  6. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

The sooner that state leaves the Union and takes all of their filth with them, the better.

tacmotusn, Zimmy, Idahoser and 4 others like this.
  7. duane

duane Monkey+++

Well they can't allow all those repeater stations to be in their pristine wilderness areas. Like letting the forest materials build up until the fires are massive, or getting rid of the fire roads and bridges as it is a wilderness area and then not be able to fight the firs until they burn to areas with people. I think the whole state has a God given desire to prove both Darwin and Malthus right, just a question of which will dominate when the big one happens.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Might be they think the towers will draw lightning and start fires? Better cut down some tall trees, eh?

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Exactly Sea, W/O hammies the rebels will be severely hampered comm wise. The Kali PTB couldn't give 2 good $#!ts how many die in the next quake or wildfire as long as their agenda is progressing. Ham radio is kinda already known as an old guys hobby. They spread this and how many young'uns are gonna be inclined to pick up the hobby??

Zimmy, Oddcaliber, 3M-TA3 and 4 others like this.
  10. duane

duane Monkey+++

Firstnet was "awarded" to AT&T Co. Uses the cell tower system, will be 80 % complete in 2020, and they hope to be able to allow it to have priority over other cell phones and thus not collapse when the system overloads in a crisis. Local networks will be replaced by basically a cell phone and be managed by phone network. Yep they have both a bad track record in case of trouble, no real coverage of wilderness areas, and the ability to totally control the communications. Spent many billions on basically a smart phone with some perks, what could go wrong? Don't have to depend on some old fart with a home built system that he can rebuild, totally independent power wise, and last and not least, a range of bands so one jammer or anything but line of sight propagation will not limit coverage and of course it will all be tied together by fiber, satellite, or other "low tech" reliable systems. Big brother is alive and well and is trying to tie up all the loose ends he can.:(

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and because it depends on AT&T’s Network, it requires that backup Power for each and every Site, and when that power fails, the network dies... and what can kill the backup Power... Floods, lightning, Fire, earthquakes, etc...

12. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

The television industry was promised bandwidth in the deal the cell companies made with the FCC when they bought a large chunk of television frequencies. Television transmissions from the field to the studio supposedly would get priority on loaded towers, such as when there was a local disaster. Never happened because the cell companies spent more billions to weasel out of the deal. To make it worse, they are throttling data in many areas. If Commiedornicate thinks for one minute that the cell companies will give up a nickel to give them priority they are nuts.

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  13. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

This is what war looks like today. You were expecting guns? This is the Matrix. Who are you going to be Neo or Cypher?

The people have been involved in the first wave (its actually the second or third but nobody really knows) of the NWO's war on America. This is what war looks like now. Brain washing, selling your soul for 'service' and some quick cash. Having no voice. Nobody there helps anyone. There are a billion people all on their own. Mean while all of the infrastructure is being sold off to China and other various countries and the rest of America sits back and watches. They shake their heads and say 'wow, I'm never moving to California' not realizing that they are letting part of themselves go with it. Where do you think they are going next? You think having a gun is going to stop them from rolling in when they come as your fire, police, politicians, men in black. What happens when they ship in the Chinese, Somalians, Indians, Kazaks, Persians, Africans, Iraqis, etc by the tens of thousands into your city to steal the votes and then accuse you of being racist? Are you going to do something about it or say oh, wow, look at that city. Its filled with (insert third world parasite who hates America here) and they are so dumb. They are the tools. America is the victim.

The good news is that America is/was the biggest threat to the NWO. We are the target. Why do you think that is? Because of what we used to be. What did we used to be? Does anyone even know any more? We must be discredited at all costs because the only way to get rid of an idea is to make it a bad idea. California didn't fail, we failed them. Instead of rolling out, we should have rolled in and made our selves whole. Kept our integrity.

14. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Being the paranoid that I am and this being in California, especially it being California... I question if we're hearing the truth. For my 2 cents, I would say we are not.

15. William Warren

William Warren Monkey+++

No offense, but I think as soon as we say "they," we lose.

William Warren

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I made the choice to not live in Cali.

Gator 45/70, tacmotusn and Tempstar like this.
  17. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

This story has been busted as overhyped hair-on-fire rumor mongering along the lines of the "they're going to take two meters away!" BS from last summer.
    ohno

Report Causes Concern and Confusion in California’s Amateur Radio Ranks

"The State of California has not made any determination we can find 'that Ham Radio [is] no longer a benefit.' What happened is that CAL FIRE has transferred responsibility for its communications sites to its property management department. That department has the task of evaluating each site, its condition, use and tenants. If a repeater not known to be associated with the emergency management function of a local jurisdiction is found in a CAL FIRE vault, the default action is to move it out or subject it to commercial rental rates."

"Our contact in the California Office of Emergency Services suggests that, if any affected repeater is in any way involved with local emergency or government support activity, they should ask that agency to engage with CAL FIRE concerning the repeater. If the agency makes the case, there is a good chance that the repeater will be unaffected."

"Their advice is not to elevate this to State Legislators or the Governor's office. In Southern California, wherein sites managed by the U.S. Forest Service have required repeater owners to post bonds to cover the dismantling of their sites if they cease operation. Negotiation has resulted in considerable easing of the original requirements and a modification of terms to help mitigate the short-term financial impact on those repeater owners."

(emphasis added)

So much for critical thinking.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

The idea of "we" and "they" sorta divides "us" into two factions, which then of course leads to competition. I'm ok with competition, but hurling crap at the other side just does not get either side ahead.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Critical thinking and government aren't those oxymorons like military Intelligence.

I have mentioned before that I live in the last county formed in Florida, the smallest by size, and the smallest by population. We have only two incorporated towns in the county. The county seat Trenton 5000 pop. in southwest corner. Bell 500 in the North Central part of county. A few years back, someone in their infinite wisdom realized that being able to communicate among 1st responders across distant points of the county (less than 20 miles at max distance) was spotty at best and often required radio relay from say base in Trenton to a fire station or mobile unit 1/2 way, to a most distant unit. Worse yet was no common coms between Fire / Sherriff / and Trenton or Bell police. Yes it was a real pain in butt. Since then 6 county wide repeater towers have been leased or bought and all have automatic back up power, and all radios have capability to speak between differing types of units, but each normally use a specific channel, but know the channel to communicate with other units. Base can now talk with any or all no matter where they are in the county. Ditto for mobile units. They have come a long ways. Hopefully they will stay on top of things. I am no longer involved with the volunteer county fire units and have all gear including radios. I am well aware of the lows and highs of coms here in the past only.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7