"Campusland"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GOG, Aug 8, 2019.

1. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I came across an interview/article about a soon to be published satirical book titled "Campusland".
    It sounded good, so I pre-ordered it on kindle. ($14.99) Release date is August 13th.

It's based on his experience with the leftist insanity on college campuses.
    I was hooked when the spoke of the student who wrote an art report based on the life of the artist "Circa". As in Circa 1649 to 1701.

I will not be doing a book report.

Link to article: New comedic novel ‘Campusland’ skewers progressive university politics | The College Fix

Meat, HK_User, duane and 1 other person like this.
  2. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

It's no wonder why there still unemployed.

SB21, Meat, GOG and 1 other person like this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I watched Black Road on netflix the other night. The protagonist leaves California to go to recently created Jefferson State (it's now 2029) . At the port of entry, he has an encounter with a woman who said she just got there and was looking for work. Her response was along the lines of "It shouldn't take me long - I have a degree in social justice". As she leaves he mutters "good luck with that...".

SB21, Bandit99, Oddcaliber and 3 others like this.
  4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

One of the kids was dating another student while in University.

I ask for some Stats. The first was What's their GPA? Answer 2.25
    Then I ask what was their plan for a Job. Answer Teacher
    Next I ask, so you're dating this soon to be unemployed Teacher?
    Answer, Not to worry Dad she does NOT want want any guns in her house!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    SB21, Bandit99, tacmotusn and 3 others like this.
  5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I assume this is a male child of yours from the words above. What bothers me, Is his statement,"Not to worry Dad, SHE does (want want?? ... did you mean ... Not Want) any guns in HER HOUSE!
    I think you can see why I am confused, but the rest of it indicates to me that SHE has laid down HER HOUSE LAW and HE cannot have a gun in THEIR house. Has he been neutered yet or does he intend to let this woman raise their HER children ...... I foresee problems down the road.

SB21, Oddcaliber, Meat and 1 other person like this.
  6. HK_User

Note edit above.
    "Not to worry Dad I won't be living in that house."

A little slow right now, Heat Got to me yesterday.

SB21, tacmotusn, Oddcaliber and 2 others like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Not to worry, many a young lady has stated, “No guns in my house...” and then later been introduced to firearms, by folks that know how to do it correctly, and become advocates of “Armed and Ready”... AlaskaChick was one of these... Now days she is an advocate of Armed women....

SB21, tacmotusn, Oddcaliber and 4 others like this.
  8. HK_User

Another son married a lady from a single parent home that the Parent was totally against such ideas as weapons in the home.

OK with them, just as soon as the new wife was inducted into the life of Guns.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7