Canada Screwed By CCP on Medical Supplies Order

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by HK_User, Apr 27, 2020.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Candian Leader apologizes to/for CCP for the "mixup".
    Well that's what happens when you have a truly weak Lib person in charge of your country.
    HK

Canadian Planes, Sent to China for Medical Supplies, Return Empty

By Zachary Evans

[​IMG] Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks during Question Period in the House of Commons in Ottawa, Canada, as efforts continue to help slow the spread of the coronavirus, April 20, 2020. (Blair Gable/Reuters)
    Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau announced Tuesday that two planes sent to pick up medical supplies in China were forced to return empty.

“Unfortunately, the planes had to take off in this situation without receiving their cargo deliveries,” Trudeau said at a press conference. “We have been fighting in a very competitive international environment where everyone is looking for” personal protective equipment.

Trudeau said that buyers of PPE and other medical equipment must contend with difficult conditions on the ground in China. These include “severe restrictions” on the amount of time planes can spend grounded and vehicle-supply lines that are “difficult and interrupted by checkpoints and quarantine measures.”

High demand for medical supplies throughout the world has put enormous pressure on competing buyers and has forced government officials to find creative solutions to obtain equipment. Maryland governor Larry Hogan, a Republican, managed to obtain thousands of coronavirus test kits for his state from South Korean labs, in a deal facilitated by his wife, Yumi, who is of South Korean descent.

“It should not have been this difficult” to obtain the test kits, Hogan told the New York Times.

U.S. officials have lamented the country’s dependence on various Chinese supply chains for vital supplies amid the pandemic.

“It is the cruelest irony that this nation is now dependent on China for many of these products,” New York governor Andrew Cuomo said at the beginning of April. “Gowns and gloves are not complicated components to manufacture.”

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and SB21 like this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I have been ,,, as I'm sure 99.999 % of you guys also ,,, have been saying this for years ,, that we should not be relying on foreign countries for our supplies , especially emergency and critical supplies ,,, and especially from countries that would just as soon own us ,, as even deal with us. I never thought this to be a good idea myself ,, but noone conferred with me when this decision was made. But ,, I know this was a decision made to distribute wealth to other countries ,, and line the pockets of corporate America with cash,, and save us a few dollars along the way. But ,, maybe someone smarter than me can tell me who ,, and when ,, this decision was made to risk our safety to a foreign adversary. Who actually was the 1st person that decided this was of great benefit to us as a country ??

sec_monkey, HK_User and oldawg like this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Seems to me that a great deal of equipment and PPEs can be run through an irradiator and reused rather than using once and throwing it away.

HK_User likes this.
  4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Doin' that right now after a trip to see the Doc, with ultraviolet C sanitizer unit.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    sec_monkey likes this.
  5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I got to place my N95 masks in an oven pre-heated to 160 F. and cook them for 30 min. or so,....and I gotta do in NOW! Bye!

HK_User likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7