carrying a live hand grenade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Oct 3, 2020.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

things look to be escalating a bit?

The Armed Citizen® October 2, 2020

Armed Citizen® Today

A couple was saved by their 21-year-old son from an attacker in the parking lot of a Houston, Tex., restaurant on Sept. 25, 2020.

The couple, the son's father and stepmother, were at a bar dancing in the early morning hours of Friday when a man approached them. The man groped the stepmother and slapped the father. This unwarranted advance prompted the couple to leave the bar shortly after.

As they were making their way to their car, the couple was followed by the man. The man then began to punch the father, knocking him out, before then beginning to assault the stepmother. While this was occurring, the son walked out of the bar and witnessed the incident unfolding. fearing for the safety of his father and stepmother, the son retrieved his gun and shot at the assailant.

The incident occurred around 2 a.m. Friday morning. The assailant was wounded in the process and taken to a local hospital where he later died. The father regained consciousness a short time after the shooting. The Father believed his son took the quick action that he did due to a past incident where the father was shot in the face during a robbery.

The father and son were allowed to leave the scene after being questioned by police. Police corroborated the couple's story after going through CCTV footage of the area during the incident, determining that the son acted in defense of the couple. No charges are being pressed against the son. (newsweek.com, Houston, Tex., 09/28/2020)

From the Armed Citizen® Archives June 1976

Bill Green and his wife returned home to their Ormond Beach, Fla., home to find two armed men in the house. One intruder fired at Green who, despite a leg wound, was able to get a gun, return fire and slay his attacker.

The second thug ran. Police said the slain gunman was carrying a live hand grenade in his jacket pocket. (The Daytona Beach Morning Journal, Daytona Beachi, Fla.)

IN THIS ARTICLE

The Armed Citizen® October 2, 2020

2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Well I am certain that in some areas, he would be justified to be robbing the place, poor man had nothing and rich man had house full of things and the thief was armed to just protect himself from that armed homeowner who has so much. Like New York City, shoplifting is ok, let you out in 20 min if anyone does bother to bring you in, but not wearing a mask in public can get you a $1,000 fine. [sarc2]

Does't look good. Even if local law said justified, higher up political skunks can bring charges. Kangaroo courts and mob justice, sure do need Trump to get that lady on the supreme court NOW!!!

3. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

I just want to know where the grenade guy goes shopping...........wouldn't mind having a case or two of them, and some thumper rounds for an M79.

4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Nothing says Loving like some 40 mike mike in Willie Peter...

Can make for a hevva a mess to clean up - after the fire goes out...

It would also seem that "Willie Peter will make you a Believer" t-shirts are no longer considered to be in good taste..

and, of course, if you understand the slogan, it really dates you....

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I'd say those Tshirts are in damned good taste. It just depends on the company you keep. I don't spend to much time around them that don't have a sense of humor.

Gator 45/70 and Merkun like this.
  6. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Can I "like" that without having the ATF break my front door in at 3 AM?

Yard Dart, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Always loot corpses.

The problem with a live grenade is it requires storage requirements for high explosives.
    See:

The NFA really didn't want to cut that tax stamp.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

[sarc2]I'm sure that guy had a NFA tax stamp and proper storage for his grenade.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7