Cat House

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by HK_User, May 10, 2020.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Put this here as any homestead needs the felines to kill the varmints.

Bought the kit online due to an influx of varmints due to our perfect weather allows quick turnover of babies by such as yotes, possums, raccons and cast off dogs due to the rapid exit of folks in the area.

I will have to add stilts as well as a type of Rat Guards to stop climbers and slithering types in case a set of kittens are in residence.

Color combo will be a bit different as well as some insulation.
    [​IMG]

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Enough raccoon, cougar, yote and feral cats around and they still don't take care of the rodent population. An occasional Osprey, Hawk or Eagle happens by every once in a while but they are usually after the baby raccoon, domestic cats or small dogs but I've seen one very large hawk or adolescent osprey come down after a rat in my yard. He thought he had one until he broke line of sight with the eve of the house and saw me there with my rifle about to pop said rat. Startled the bird and me too, as I didn't get off a shot.

3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I like it! I built a two story insulated house with the same shingles and vent as I put on the house. Cats never took to it, other than to live in the open attic and lay on the peak of the roof. I like the open layout of that one.

4. HK_User

The shingled roof and porch cover are now the same shade as the other gray trim. Better match to the house and a lot cooler as well the gravel is now solidly in place.
    Yup I have one cat that stakes out a chair in front and I figure it will move to the loft and it will be better off for it because the cat will then be about 35 inches (with stilts) above the concrete.

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. HK_User

Many small varmints but it so happens that two Jack Rabbits now come in closer. Not sure why but it may be the cats are feeding them up.

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

[​IMG]

Ganado, oldawg, chelloveck and 8 others like this.
  7. HK_User

Surely some Lib Media group will investigate!!!

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Nice man Nice!!!
    Being a sporting person I'd like to recommend an Laser Genetics ND-3X40
    Mounted on something with a can that sounds like Pfft,Pfft.
    Chumming is always a big plus and consolidates the vermin!

chelloveck, HK_User and Meat like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Wish they would. It might keep them busy promoting elimination of the infestations.

Gator 45/70, HK_User and Meat like this.
  10. HK_User

If you only knew.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. HK_User

That would mean they would have to get their pinkies dirty and their Jordach Jeans covered in poo.
    OTOH,maybe the FBI will take a look.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@HK_User Where did you buy the kit? I might also be interested in one, sit it on the back deck.

13. HK_User

PM sent.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7