1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Cataract Surgery- A real wonder of medicine

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by stg58, Oct 2, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

My wife had glasses since she was in third grade with increasing lens strength finally tri-focals. She had Cataract surgery a few months back and now only uses 1X readers for reading.
    Now that she can see me clearly I may be in for a divorce:)
    With my medical plan it cost us a total of $40 out of pocket and my eye doc says I may have the start of cataracts I wonder how much that will cost me and how long will I wait under barry-care:(

It is truly a wonder that modern medicine restored her vision to about what it was in Kindergarten-first grade with no apparent side effects.:5s:-:5s:

2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

O.O so now you are courting her as gain just to make sure she doesn't leave? ;) good plan! do glad that surgery was successful. She must be thrilled to gave her sight back

stg58 likes this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

U
    Understood, had both eyes done 4 years ago.

BlueDuck, pearlselby and stg58 like this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

My wife had her's done a couple years ago. Much improved. Though she would recommend the variable focal point lens. (The one insurance DID NOT pay for.)

BlueDuck likes this.
  5. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey

A real eye opener...:D

kellory and Ganado like this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Truly revealing.

7. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Had right eye done last month, it's an amazing procedure, 45 minutes for the prep, 5 minutes op time, no stitches. I'll wait until the left eye gets worse, it's only borderline for insurance.

Rancher

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7