1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Cataract Surgery- A real wonder of medicine

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by stg58, Oct 2, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

My wife had glasses since she was in third grade with increasing lens strength finally tri-focals. She had Cataract surgery a few months back and now only uses 1X readers for reading.
    Now that she can see me clearly I may be in for a divorce:)
    With my medical plan it cost us a total of $40 out of pocket and my eye doc says I may have the start of cataracts I wonder how much that will cost me and how long will I wait under barry-care:(

It is truly a wonder that modern medicine restored her vision to about what it was in Kindergarten-first grade with no apparent side effects.:5s:-:5s:
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

O.O so now you are courting her as gain just to make sure she doesn't leave? ;) good plan! do glad that surgery was successful. She must be thrilled to gave her sight back
    stg58 likes this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Understood, had both eyes done 4 years ago.
    BlueDuck, pearlselby and stg58 like this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

My wife had her's done a couple years ago. Much improved. Though she would recommend the variable focal point lens. (The one insurance DID NOT pay for.)
    BlueDuck likes this.
  5. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey

A real eye opener...:D
    kellory and Ganado like this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Truly revealing.
  7. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Had right eye done last month, it's an amazing procedure, 45 minutes for the prep, 5 minutes op time, no stitches. I'll wait until the left eye gets worse, it's only borderline for insurance.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary