Cheap US made panels

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by jasonl6, Dec 5, 2017.

1. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

Just passing this along to and Idaho/Nw Montana peeps. Solar World sw240 panels for $135/panel. The panels are in Kooskia Idaho.

I bought my panels from this guy. I paid .46cents/ watt but got Chinese panels. Just thought I'd pass on the info.

Solar panels, SolarWorld, SW 240, 240W, NEW

Jason

Seepalaces and JRR like this.
  2. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Seepalaces likes this.
  3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Looks good for the price
    .56/watt

Corrected Math goof

solar specs.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  4. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Surely, if I can buy qualilty panels here in Cambodia, for $1.00 US / watt, you can stateside, no?

5. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

$135 for 240 watt panel would be $0.56 per watt. That is a good price.

6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Sounds good to me.

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Corrected a finger fumble on the brain fart.
    I got mine @ 68 cents / watt landed , Needed to purchase them in pallet /container size . in 2015 .
    Sloth

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  8. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

When I got my other panels I took all 32 he had at the .46 watt. I will only be using 28 ( w strings of 7) but figured the extra 4 are good for pickups at that cheap price. If I cold only have scored that good a deal on batteries.

9. Cruisin Sloth

I wanted thicker glass for snow load & bird dropping things to break , so to get 300W+ , they cost @72 cell type.

Sloth

10. duane

duane Monkey+++

Best deal around here is buying "surplus" panels from the installers. Price break by the pallet is very good and often they end up with a few panels left over from the full pallets ordered for the installation that they will sell at the "wholesale" price as they want all the panels on the roof to be the same and don't want to stock the surplus panels for the next job.

11. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

I also bought larger panels. Mine are 320watt that I git from this same seller at .46/watt. Unless you need the thicker glass I always recommend buying at the cheapest price per watt.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7