Chicago mayor dons ‘Rona Destroyer’ superhero outfit at press conference while countless people die

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Oct 4, 2020.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

[​IMG]
    Chicago mayor dons 'Rona Destroyer' superhero outfit at press conference while countless people are murdered

CHICAGO, IL It is common knowledge that the city of Chicago is experiencing a dramatic rise in the murder rate when compared with previous years.

With that in mind, it has become a common inquiry lodged against Mayor Lori Lightfoot as to what her plans might be to address the disturbing trend.

Chicago mayor dresses up as 'Rona Destroyer' for Halloween press conference the same day the Chicago PD announces homicides are off the charts: Chicago's Mayor Is At It Again, This Time Dressed As 'Rona Destroyer'

— OutKick (@Outkick) October 1, 2020

During a press conference on what might be contributing to Chicago’s murder spike, Lightfoot offered her thoughts on what she believes are contributing factors.

While delivering her thoughts on this serious topic, Lightfoot decided to dress up in a homemade superhero costume and call herself the “Rona Destroyer.”

It’s a pretty ridiculous outfit, to say the least.
    [​IMG]Mayor Lori Lightfoot wearing the ‘Rona Destroyer’ costume
    The getup — a black Lone Ranger-style mask, red cape, blue rubber housework gloves, black top and pants — was ridiculous on its own, but she topped herself by draping around her neck a giant placard with a picture of a bottle of Clorox wipes on it. The honorable mayor appeared to be paying homage to other home-made hero outfits, such as in the 1994 Damon Wayans movie “Blankman.”
    Listen – this is October and folks may want to partake in Halloween-themed activities – but to quote Joe Biden, “C’mon man.”

As the saying goes, there is a time and a place for everything. Perhaps a press briefing on the soaring murder rate in her city isn’t the best time for cosplay.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot entered her press briefing today dressed as the "Rona Destroyer."

Literally the cringiest thing I've ever seen. pic.twitter.com/XcdzC8CWt2

— Kelb Hull (@CalebJHull) October 1, 2020

Sure, elected officials are humans and want to have some fun, like everyone else.

But this weird outfit would have been better suited to some quirky social-media post with a silly caption about fighting the COVID-19 pandemic with Mayor Lightfoot and her equally ridiculous sidekick flexing for the cameras.

I mean, karaoke is fun – but you don’t see people setting up a PA system at a funeral with mourners doing renditions of “Don’t Stop Believin’ ” in between the prayers and the eulogy.

The Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest is always a fun spectacle to watch, but I doubt the competition would be held in Madagascar, considering it’s one of the most food-deprived countries in the world.

The video of Lightfoot and Public Health Commissioner Dr. Allison Arwady posing in their bizarre outfits is no doubt causing headaches in some corners of her administration. Even the woman doing the sign language interpretation looks like she’s suffering from a cringe-induced migraine from all the absurdity radiating from Lightfoot’s costume.

[​IMG]
    Woman doing sign language during press conference featuring Mayor Lightfoot in her ‘Rona Destroyer’ outfit

2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

foosed foosed

[loco] [loco]

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Time for a Mayoral Drug Test!

Tully Mars, Dunerunner, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

No sense in saying "Send in the Clowns"

already on scene.

Tully Mars, Dunerunner, SB21 and 5 others like this.
  5. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

I am not surprised by the "tin ear" the Chicago Mayor has repeatedly displayed when it comes to public relations, but even this one is an outlier within the realm of her behavior. Perhaps her reasoning has become even more unsound.

6. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

I'm sitting here wondering what, exactly, did hesheit promise, and to whom the promises were made, for hesheit to be elected. That is one wasted ball of so called human flesh.

Tully Mars, Dunerunner, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Beetlejuice-ette hurts my eyes to even look at that thing.

Tully Mars, SB21 and HK_User like this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Seems like the time and thought she put into that stupid getup , could have been time and thought put into talking with the Chief of Police on how to stop their cities murder rate .

9. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Not that Detroit is perfect by any stretch but she might have called him to ask what he is doing. The answer would be tell the citizens straight out that the police can’t do it by themselves, the citizens should arm themselves and the police will be there to back them up. Since guns aren’t allowed in peaceful Chicago that might be a problem.

Tully Mars, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

It's not Chicago's fault,, it's the bordering states that allows guns that's the problem for Chicago.
    That is one excuse I've heard before ,,, but the bordering states don't have the gun problem Chicago does ,, even tho they have all the guns ,,, weird how that works out, isn't it ??

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

So many people saying Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice, she be winking in and out of our realm like a strobe light.

Chicago needs a Kim Klasik to run against that bug eyed witch.

12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

What a stupid skank...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7