China will surpass US to be world's largest economy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bandit99, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Below is a link to a superb article. Please read it for it's truly worth one's time. It actually is making me question if Democracy has had its run and is finished. Frankly, I think it is unless we make some major changes...which will not happen, ever.

Here's a few tidbits but there is too much important stuff so, please, do read the article.

"The Communist Party governing structure means that strategic decision-making can be followed by quick execution. The 26.4-mile Qingdao Haiwan Bridge – the longest in the world – was built in just four years."

"Chinese universities produce millions of STEM graduates and President Xi has targeted artificial intelligence and self-driving vehicles for major investment."
    (Note: (STEM = science, technology, engineering and mathematics) has become a pretty big deal in China's flourishing universities. In 2013, 40 percent of Chinese graduates finished a degree in STEM, over twice the share in American third level institutions.)

"China’s ascent is factual. The nation’s systems stem from its priorities, the biggest one being the harmony of the group rather than the rights of the individual."
    (Note: I think this is the defining point that is America's Achilleas heel. It worked until most of the 20th century but now? No. The individual is more important than the group, more important than the nation and we're losing the nation...probably already lost it.)

Anyway, excellent article and I wanted to ensure you all saw...even though there is no good news there.

China will surpass US to be world's largest economy — it's time for us to shift gears

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Brokor and sec_monkey like this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Must be true - look at the size of these bicycle junkyears...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and these are just the ones from a failed "Bike Share' program pushed by...the Government...

Just search for 'bicycle junkyard China" you might be surprised....

Brokor and sec_monkey like this.
  4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

methinks our stock market grew around 325% from 2009-2018 [ Fox Biz ]

the chinese market grew around 28% from 2009-2018 [ Fox Biz ]

a bunch of folks believe the chinese economic numbers are fake .. there is some evidence to suggest that their numbers are indeed fake .. house of cards? [dunno] YMMV

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

We have a couple of those bike share programs in place and failing now. Google will find them for you, start in LA and Seattle, if memory serves me. Singapore has one that is or has failed already, and there are some ebike set ups in test mode.

sec_monkey likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

China has surpassed the US in CO2 production. But the US is still the bad guy.

Then trumps trade war contracted their stock markets by 20 to 25% in just a few months.

7. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

There are eShare bikes all over China. It is a case of too many companies trying to get in the market.

DKR likes this.
  8. Bandit99

@sec_monkey "me thinks our stock market grew around 325% from 2009-2018...house of cards?""
    Yeah, and it's super overpriced now. Currently, everything is rosy with a Business Friendly Administration and a President that is deregulating but if Trump doesn't run or he loses...and what goes up will come down. It always does.

I have no doubt that we don't have all the correct facts for China; they're lying, plain and simple but their debt figures compared to ours, their manufacturing compared to ours, their streamlined government compared to ours, etc. Hell, even their Nationalism compared to ours! We now have people saying 'America was never that great!" WTH?

And, let's not forget, while the Stock Market might be Bullish, our National Debt is over a 100% of our GDP (I think current 106%) and we'll have a trillion dollar deficit this year. Our National Debt is $21.3T (lots of different figures, I took one in the middle :) ) but not sure if 2018 deficit is figured into that or not... And, it is clear that we have a 'Deep State' or 'Shadow Government' or whatever that only concern for the nation is $$$, using its citizens as piggy banks and cannon fodder. How many wars has China been into in the last few decades? I could go at this all night but our 'House of Cards' isn't looking too damn good either.

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

sec_monkey and Mountainman like this.
  10. Bandit99

Have you guys seen this? Pretty cool! So many different numbers crunching that gives me headache LOL! Check out that 'dollar to gold ratio' $4,703 per oz....

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7