City uses illegal means to shut down a legal protest at Sycamore Shoals

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by chelloveck, Sep 25, 2018.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

One may disagree with the objectives and platform of a white supremacist, neo confederate group League of the South, but their freedom to publicly assemble peacefully and to express their racist views are protected by the 1st Amendment.

The illegal means of shutting down the LotS protest march? Levying the the League of the South with the costs of providing security and public insurance. Neo-Confederate group cancels planned protest at Sycamore Shoals - www.elizabethton.com

The city is alleged to have used illegal means to shut down a legal League of the South protest march in Sycamore Shoals. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatches/2018/09/25/city-uses-illegal-means-to-shut-down-a-legal-protest/

First they came for the racists and white supremacists, because they were despised and unpopular,
    and then they came for the ANTIFA mob, because they were rowdy and smelly
    and then they came for....

Protect 1A or lose it, white-anted until it crumbles to nothing.

Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3, techsar and 2 others like this.
  2. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Being deemed a "hate group" by the SLPC is something of an oxi for the morons that run the hate group called SPLC. I'll bet if it was Antifa that wanted to protest, there wouldn't have been a peep.

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The problem with labeling stuff as hate speech is eventually anything that doesn't tow the party line gets labeled as hate speach as we see on YouTube and Facebook.

BenP, Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and 4 others like this.
  4. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

As a Latina, I am flat mystified why people want to shut white nationalists up. I want them to talk. I want my kids to hear them and be able to refute their ridiculous arguments and recognize their rhetorical ploys. Are people truly foolish enough to believe these ideas will just go away if we try to shut these guys up? Free speech uber alles for our family.

5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I don't know how it is in Oz but here it is utterly stupid for a local government to do something like this. I can guarantee you that some slimy lawyer is licking her/his chops to represent these white supremacists. The City will end up not only losing a ton of cash in punitive damages but will also be forced to give them their right to peaceful assemble and free speech. Completely stupid on the City's part but...in truth, it will cost them nothing, as it is the taxpayers that will end up paying through the nose for their idiotic decision. However, we can hope these City morons get chase from office for this ridiculous and asinine decision because this is proof positive they definitely are in the wrong line of work.

6. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Yeah, if they arnt aloud to speak shyte... how are we supposed to be able to laugh at & mock them !:eek:

7. duane

duane Monkey+++

Freedom of speech here in NH is going to a town meeting and trying to limit school expenditures. You will be allowed to speak 1 time, the school board will refute you, the moderator will call 6 people to attack your point of view, if you try to refute their argument, you will be told that you have already had a chance to speak and will have to wait until everyone has had a chance to speak, and when it comes time for you to speak again, you will be told that due to time limitations, they are going to vote on it now, and you can't speak again. If they do lose the vote, they will wait until the end of the meeting, call a point of order, and revote the matter with no discussion and usually win. Robert's Rules of Order and parliamentary procedure can allow those that control the system to do just about as they wish and our school, police, road, town, budgets illustrate how any group, and the greens and the left have it down to a fine art, can control the sheep. Our present political parties are total proof of the ability of a small group of the population to dominate the process.
    The supreme court nominations, Obama's and Trump,s, have shown what power the advise and consent clause has when it is necessary to approve of anything. Interesting situation when both sides have in fact veto power. Nothing gets done.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  8. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Last week, 10 miles away in Johnson City, the gay/alphabet bunch held a big parade and expo in a city park. 250 cops from 13 different agencies + State patrol helicopter.....all paid by the taxpayer to protect them. Protesters were given a 'free speech zone' in a parking lot well away from the event.

9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Ya know what .. I'm a white male , southern born and bred , and southern proud. My family goes as far back as the 1700s here , in farming country , as best as I can tell. My Mom told me a story once were a white man back in the 30s - 40s was drug out of his house and whooped by the Klan,,,,because he was beating his wife. That's the only klan whooping I know of . I'm not saying the whoopings in the history books aren't true , what I'm saying is they weren't always racial. I even went to a Klan meeting in the mid 70s. I was probably about 15 then. I didn't hang around those people , and I didn't join their group , then or later. I wasn't looking to fill my life with hate.
    But I'm like Seepalaces here , let them talk , protest , March , whatever they want to do , within the law. Let the kids hear what's being said , and learn where the real truth lies. If you don't want to hear what they have to say , don't listen. Don't go to their marches or gatherings . Same with Antifas. If they finally see nobody wants to hear their tripe , they'll disappear , same with antifa. When one group protests another , it just encourages more gatherings or marches. But I'm all for letting them have their gatherings , as long as it doesn't disrupt , or infringe on other people. And doesn't cause damage to others property.

10. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

It absolutely kills me, that they use the Confederate Battle Flag to show racism. Low life pieces of sh*t.

11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

So that is how to rob the city coffers , create a lawsuit and reap the benefits.

Bandit99, Gator 45/70 and Seepalaces like this.
  12. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Some times evil is in the eye of the beholder. Especially politics.

oldawg, Bandit99, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Yup, you have to let stupid out of the box every now and then for people to see just how stupid it is. This goes for all these groups regardless of their skin color of preference, not just the white ones.

14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Have you ever heard of the
    John Brown Gun Club - ANTIFA Snowflakes
    This is the armed militant branch of ANTIFA!

Bandit99 and SB21 like this.
  15. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yes,,,someone posted about them here about a week ago. Don't remember who .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Yes. They also planted a troll by the same name on NWFA that would work to get threads closed per their leftist agenda. IMO at some point they will turn a protest into a blood bath likely as agent provocateurs. Take these guys seriously.

mysterymet, oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7