Clinton Victory = Gun Control Via Obamacare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 3M-TA3, Nov 5, 2016.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Per Vice Presidential candidate Tim Kaine:
    "...I’m happy to announce that Hillary Clinton has come up with the perfect solution for this problem. She is going to modify Obamacare from its existing state into a comprehensive healthcare program that’s going to include both voluntary, but also mandatory gun-addiction therapy.”..."

Not sure what latitude a President has to alter an act of Congress, but this is perhaps based on the Democrats regaining control of the Legislative branch

Tim Kaine: “Hillary Will Modify Obamacare To Include Gun-Addiction Therapy”

Vice Presidential nominee Tim Kaine is taking aim at the NRA, saying he’s done what he can about “common sense” gun laws in his home state of Virginia, but has watched Congress falter in the face of the gun lobby. “We have to make a decision about what matters to us,” said Kaine in an opinion piece published by Time magazine Tuesday. “We have to treat this like the public health crisis it is.” Kaine notes that he is a gun owner and that he supports the Second Amendment.

Vice Presidential nominee Tim Kaine is taking aim at the NRA, saying he’s done what he can about “common sense” gun laws in his home state of Virginia, but has watched Congress falter in the face of the gun lobby. “We have to make a decision about what matters to us,” said Kaine in an opinion piece published by Time magazine Tuesday. “We have to treat this like the public health crisis it is.” Kaine notes that he is a gun owner and that he supports the Second Amendment.

“It needs to be said that sugarcoating this sort of thing isn’t going to make it better,” Kaine also argued during his subsequent interview. “Neither Hillary Clinton nor I can stand Donald Trump, that’s common knowledge, but there is one thing about his ridiculous rhetoric I have to agree with, and that’s that political correctness in this country has long ceased to be useful. Today’s approach revolves around directness and no-beating-around-the-bush kind of mentality when it comes to communication.”

He continued, “That’s precisely the reason why we need to tackle the gun safety issue head on and without pardon. It’s a burning problem that is affecting millions of Americans every single day, and as such, it represents an emergency. At the end of the day, public health is not something that should be neglected for the obvious reasons, and whether we’d like to admit it or not, the public health of America today is becoming increasingly gangrenous.”

“It needs to be said that sugarcoating this sort of thing isn’t going to make it better,” Kaine also argued during his subsequent interview. “Neither Hillary Clinton nor I can stand Donald Trump, that’s common knowledge, but there is one thing about his ridiculous rhetoric I have to agree with, and that’s that political correctness in this country has long ceased to be useful. Today’s approach revolves around directness and no-beating-around-the-bush kind of mentality when it comes to communication.”

He continued, “That’s precisely the reason why we need to tackle the gun safety issue head on and without pardon. It’s a burning problem that is affecting millions of Americans every single day, and as such, it represents an emergency. At the end of the day, public health is not something that should be neglected for the obvious reasons, and whether we’d like to admit it or not, the public health of America today is becoming increasingly gangrenous.”

“Guns have found their way to every single layer of society and have become the preferred method of resolving disputes and mere disagreements,” Kaine said. “We must put a stop to that and I’m happy to announce that Hillary Clinton has come up with the perfect solution for this problem. She is going to modify Obamacare from its existing state into a comprehensive healthcare program that’s going to include both voluntary, but also mandatory gun-addiction therapy.”

He also said, “That way, Republicans who just want to talk and have their side of the story heard will be listened to instead of ignored and left to their own inner demons, which tend to come up to the surface via a weapon of some sort. On the other hand, Republicans who own more than one firearm and/or shoot it regularly either at a firing range or somewhere else will be summoned to a mandatory conversation with a licensed gun-addiction psychotherapist who will make sure to explain to them that it’s perfectly okay to be a liberal and own a gun. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.”

“And the best part? They won’t have to pay a cent for it – it will all be covered by the federal budget. So, even if you happen to be a recurring Republican and gun owner, don’t worry, we can fix you. The Hillary Clinton administration will make sure to give back to its citizens just as much as it takes from them. And when you take a Republican’s gun, you’re basically de-Americanizing him. We are going to change that. Obamacare will become a symbol for fewer weapons in the country, which could ultimately result in a Nobel peace prize for Hillary Clinton. Only this time, naturally, it won’t be just a fictional recognition. Unlike Obama, President Clinton will actually be given a plaque,” Kaine concluded.

Sgt Nambu and Taku like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

"...be summoned to a mandatory conversation with a licensed gun-addiction psychotherapist who will make sure to explain to them that it’s perfectly okay to be a liberal and own a gun."

Hmmm...can I bring my gun to the shrink's?

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I would rather the other side win and make gun ownership mandatory, like ObamaCare... everyone will own at least one AR-15, one .22 caliber rifle, one 12 gage shotgun and one 9MM, .357, .40 or .45 handgun of your choice.

Taku, Mountainman, tacmotusn and 3 others like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[LMAO]:lol:if it aint in the PDR, it aint a disease

3M-TA3 likes this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I would second this, with the added proviso, at least ONE of those arms ( Battle Rifle) be current issue Military, supplied to all citizens who wish to own, and that a discount will be available for those wishing to purchase any and all current issue arms through the U.S. Military instead of "aftermarket" arms, but the choice should be there! SO...........When a person turns 18, they are "Issued" a current Service Rifle, and have the option of purchasing a current service pistol!!!! Any thing else is on you as an individual, but the choice is always available! No restrictions, NO INFRINGEMENT!

Taku, Sgt Nambu, Mountainman and 2 others like this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

There should be an Opt out option for those bitterly opposed to firearms ownership and the annual fine for not participating should be $2,500 per person, in each household. :D

Ura-Ki and 3M-TA3 like this.
  7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Both of those.....er.....lady's (Clinton and Kaine) are full of excrament!

Ura-Ki and Taku like this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[lolol][ROFL]:lol:[LMAO] There ain't enough in the US treasury to treat, let alone cure, just SM members of their "gun addictions", let alone NRA members, let alone 2A supporters, let alone the general US population.

I call [BSf]on the authenticity of the quotes referenced; particularly those highlighted in scarlet in the OP. Unless there is a different Time (online) article with these particular highlighted quotes that I am not aware of. (I'm happy to be provided with the referenced citation if you're so inclined to find it). You will note that the text in the OP attributed to Tim Kaine bears little resemblance to the text of the Time (online) article that I was able to find.http://time.com/4537499/tim-kaine-guns-in-the-hands-of-artists/ ) Can you explain the discrepancy between the Time (online) article, and both of the articles featured by spinzon.com / the rightists.com?

The referenced OP linked quotations via Tim Kaine: “Hillary Will Modify Obamacare To Include Gun-Addiction Therapy” which links to the original pseudo-anonymous author's article in Tim Kaine: “Hillary Will Modify Obamacare To Include Gun-Addiction Therapy”. Neither sites provide any citations for Tim Kaine's quoted comments, beyond the following vague reference:
    Compare the spinzon.com / the rightists.com articles

with the recent Time (online) article,

You will see marked differences in the words attributed to Tim Kaine.

Methinks there is something of a disparity between the confected "truthiness" of spinzon's / the rightist's propaganda, and the truth, concerning the actual words attributed to Vice Presidential candidate Tim Kaine. By all means hang Tim for what he actually says, rather than for what others have mischievously put into his mouth. The plaque was a nice touch though. [winkthumb]

Edit: spinzon / the rightist's performance in this matter seems to demonstrate themselves to be serious competitors to The Onion for journalistic accuracy and credibility. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7