1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

CMP accepting orders for a limited number of M1 Carbines

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Jan 28, 2016.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

If you have $625 or $685 and would like a real GI M1 carbine you may have a chance starting Feb. 1

The three I picked up years back were in great shape until they fell into the lake.
    M1 Carbine - Civilian Marksmanship Program
    Monday, February 1, we will begin accepting orders for a limited number of M1 Carbines for mail order. Two grades will be available, Service and Field. They include the following manufacturers; Inland, Winchester, IBM, Quality Hardware, Saginaw, Standard Product and Underwood. The manufacturer you receive will be luck of the draw, please no requests. Each customer is limited to one total Carbine this year. You will not be allowed to purchase both a Service and Field Grade. You may put down your first choice and second choice.
    We DO NOT time stamp orders, we only date stamp them. All orders received the same day are put in one basket. Please do not call about your order. If information is needed for your order, our sales department will contact you. Be sure to complete the checklist for the order before you send it in. Questions about orders already in-house slow down our processing which means it takes longer to send out the end product. If your payment method is a check, we will not deposit your check until your order is processed. However, some orders may go on backorder. You will be contacted prior to depositing your check should your order be placed on a backorder list. To be placed on the backorder list, you must have a form of payment with your order.
    Garand69, Marck, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  2. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd Site Supporter+

Tully Mars likes this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

"Field grade: Condition: Fair to good. Bores: good with minor imperfections. Muzzle guage greater than 3 and throat erosion less than 5. Wood will have numerous dings.

Service grade: Condition: Good to very good. Bores/muzzle measurements: same as Field grade. Wood has fewer dings. CMP rifles may have new wood and/or mismatched wood."
    HK_User likes this.
  4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey Site Supporter+

Anniston here I come!
    HK_User likes this.
  5. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd Site Supporter+

They've been asking $900 and up for similar grade carbines at the gun shows around here.
    kellory likes this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I did not personally know the difference in grade that's why I posted it for others
    HK_User likes this.
  7. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Picked up my M1 Garand in the late 80's for $400. Great weapon.

Would like to own a M1, but that will have to wait for a while....
  8. Tully Mars

Both are great rifles IMHO, and a true part of American history.
    I don't hold much stock in the stopping power of the .30 carbine, but it can and has many times in the past. It is a great introduction rifle for youth and smaller framed folks. After all that, they are just plain fun to shoot!
    AD1 likes this.
  9. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

From Fulton Armory:
    0.0 indicates a .300” diameter bore, that is, .30 caliber, new, perfect.
    0.5 is like new, .3005 caliber. Proper re-crowning will perfect the crown.
    1.0 is excellent for a used barrel (.301 cal.) Re-crowning should make it like new.
    1.5 is good (.3015 cal.). Proper re-crowning should make it excellent.
    2.0 is fair (.302 cal.). Proper re-crowning should make it serviceable.
    2.5 is poor (.3025 cal.). Proper re-crowning might make it serviceable.
    3.0 or more is a "bald tire" and is now a British .303 caliber barrel. Replace barrel
    Marck and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  10. Tully Mars

So that's what they do with all those old barrels. They sell them to the Brits for the Enfields!! :lol:
    Garand69 and VisuTrac like this.
  11. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Or sell them to those who don't know what bore gauging means. :D
    Tully Mars likes this.
  12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Or slugging a barrel.
  13. Garand69

Garand69 Monkey Site Supporter+

You mean bigger isn't better??? oh oh, [LMAO]
    Tully Mars likes this.
  14. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Most certainly not with used rifle bores. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Garand69 likes this.
  15. secondrecon

secondrecon Monkey+ Site Supporter++

[own2]I don't want to make you all sick but a friend gave me a Winchester carbine and a Winchester Garand last week that he didn't want anymore . I think his new bride made him get rid of them , but I still don't like her:LOL::ROFLMAO:
  16. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Why should we be "sick" at your good luck and your friends bad choice, assuming you are correct?

Good Hunting.
    Tully Mars, AD1 and kellory like this.
  17. secondrecon

Yea he has been a friend for at least 30 years . But he married a woman that is
    35 years younger and voted for Obummer nuff said..........................
    AD1 and Tikka like this.
  18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Friends don't let friends marry liberals.
  19. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

No, "Friends HELP friends who marry Liberals, educate them, and teach them Correct Principles..."
    HK_User likes this.
  20. secondrecon

[sinking][do-it]Told him to runaway but would not listen , she had the hook set to deep
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary