Colt Competition aftermarket parts

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by gundog10, Sep 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. gundog10

gundog10 Monkey++

My CC has a free floating hand guard with oval slots similar to the M-Lok but spaced further apart. I have been trying to put a sling on for a while and cannot seem to find anything that will attach. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

[worthless]

Alf60 and sec_monkey like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I dare say that you might drill a couple holes and attach a QD swivel. Free floating forend should be forgiving of that sort of abuse. (Pix might be helpful as UK suggests.)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. Witch Doctor 01

sec_monkey likes this.
  6. gundog10

gundog10 Monkey++

sec_monkey likes this.
  7. ghrit

@gundog10
    Bear in mind that slinging up on a floating forearm will effectively render the front sight useless. The scope makes that problem get smaller, as I'm sure your doubting helper watching you take pix will attest. BYKT, eh?

sec_monkey likes this.
  8. gundog10

gundog10 Monkey++

ghrit, the sling mount is going on the side or bottom, and my helper loves his photo being taken:)

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  9. ghrit

I understand. All the same, sling up and pressure on the handguard will pull the sights. Probably won't interfere with reasonable hunting shots, but repeatability will go down the poop chute. (Your helper is first class.)

10. gundog10

gundog10 Monkey++

ghrit, got it, been shooting that gun for over ten years and it is very accurate and extremely reliable. I believe I'll skip the sling. Thanks, as I never thought about how the free float hand guard would be torqued with a sling.

11. Witch Doctor 01

Consider a single point sling if you need a sling for carry and not for shooting....

oldawg and ghrit like this.
  12. gundog10

gundog10 Monkey++

Witch Doctor, I will take a look at the single point slings. Thanks

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7