Communications Standards - UTC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grandpa Patch, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Mods: move this if needed, I wasn't sure were to put this as it fits many things.

Coordinated Universal Time UTC - Greenwich Mean Time GMT Offset
    GMT as some still think of it....

I posted for the first time this morning in the Daily Weather thread and it got me to thinking of UTC. We are all posting general information that applies to our areas and members. The very recent issues that some of our members are dealing with in Alaska being a prime example of a reason why we should all be using a universal format for time and date. I won't get started on UTM. Can we; a) add a clock to the message board that is set as a 'standard time', such as UTC, b) just start using UTC as the common denominator? c) both a & b?

BTW: I live in Arizona and we do not adjust for Daylights Saving Time, so we are always UTC-7

2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

sure :) :) we can add a clock of some kind (y) (y), it might not look pretty however

tis usually best to display both UTC plus localtime plus perhaps the official or unofficial forum time plus perhaps the server time

Lucy can write the basic script to do that in a few minutes, refining it might take a few hours or days due to other duties plus plus

integrating this 'forum clock' into the forum will require @melbo to help add it where he wants it

[winkthumb] [winkthumb]

Tempstar, Dont and Grandpa Patch like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7