Constitutional Carry Comes to Missouri

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Sep 18, 2016.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Missouri restores more second amendment rights.

Constitutional Carry Comes to Missouri! - USA Carry
    Missouri becomes the 11th state to allow “constitutional carry,” allowing people to carry concealed firearms without a permit!

On Wednesday, the Missouri state senate used parliamentary maneuvers to end a Democrat filibuster and force a vote to override Gov. Jay Nixon’s veto of SB656, a bill written to eliminate the permit requirements for concealed carry.

After passing in the Senate 24-6, the bill moved on to the House where it quickly passed 112-41 and thus exceeded the two-thirds majority needed to override a veto.

Constitutional carry becomes law in 30 days.

SB656 does other wonderful things as well, such as making Missouri a “stand your ground” state and eliminating a victims duty to retreat before fighting back against an assailant. The bill also expands the castle doctrine to allow invited guests in a home to use deadly force on intruders.

And if you still want to get a concealed carry permit, you can. There’s a lifetime version that never expires. Open carry without a permit was already legal in the state

Legion489, Bandit99, arleigh and 3 others like this.
  2. DarkLight

DarkLight I self identify as a Blackhawk Attack Helicopter! Site Supporter

I really wish these would read more like "State becomes most recent to RECOGNIZE constitutional carry". I know, I know, law and code and etc. etc. etc. The point, and yes I know I'm preaching to the choir on this site, is that they don't get to "allow" constitutional carry. It's IN THE FRIGGIN CONSTITUTION. If anything, they need to recognize the right and get the eff out of the way.

Sorry, /rant off.

I'm glad to hear that Missouri has done the right thing. I wish my state recognized constitutional carry. Hell, I wish all 50 states did and this CCW crap and reciprocity would be a non-issue.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Brokor, Ura-Ki and Ganado like this.
  3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[applaud] [applaud]

Altoidfishfins and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+

I feel they're allowing this so we'll all kill each other. Then what? [afro]

Ganado and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey++

If people want to kill each other, they'll do it, concealed carry or not.

You sound like those in Arizona who, when CCW permits were first made available 20 or so years ago, predicted every fender bender would turn into a blood bath. Hasn't happened yet.

gundog10, Ganado and sec_monkey like this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

You can tell the states where the criminals are in charge. making gun owner ship more difficult.

gundog10 likes this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++

Congrats! Our Constitutional Carry Law went into effect the first part of July here in Idaho.

Ganado and sec_monkey like this.
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Well said!

Here's the bill itself: Missouri SB656 | 2016 | Regular Session
    Remember, it's good to see this happening in a way, but a law can be retracted and altered in the future. It also assumes to grant privilege, when a right already existed in the first place. Food for thought.

stg58 and DarkLight like this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Gopherman
  4. Motomom34
  5. svjoe
  6. Salted Weapon
  7. Motomom34
  8. OldDude49
  9. Dont
  10. Legion489
  11. Cruisin Sloth