Covid 19 Lockdown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by duane, Aug 3, 2021.

1. duane

duane Monkey+++

Went to the hospital for an out patient cancer operation yesterday. Operation was scheduled for 5 PM, 100 miles from where I live, and out patient, so they would be kicking me out about 10 or 11 PM. I of course couldn't drive and while my 81 year old wife drives, she has lost the sight of 1 eye and is not happy driving on the free way at night. So a 70 year old friend said he would drive us up and back.

Got to the hospital, major regional center with over 1,000 people working there, and girl doing covid checks said only 1 person allowed with patient per CDC guidelines and no exceptions. It was about 2 PM and I guess driver was supposed to sit in car until I was done, no seats, no toilets, nothing. The wife, the driver, and I all had our vaccine cards. Asked to speak to security man watching all of this as he was about 40 and seemed to have some idea of what was going on. He said "no exceptions" and nothing could be done. Very politely clicked my heals together and gave him my very best "Heil Fauci" stiff armed nazi salute and said well I guess you have to follow the fuhrer's orders. We went on to check in and I went on to registration for the operation. I told the person registering me what had happened, including the salute and went and set down.

She called her boss, he called security, security called the Covid people and 20 min later our driver was sitting with us in the waiting area. Why should it take 3 decision makers and a half hour to decide if a care giver, who has been vaccinated, can not accompany an 81 and an 83 year old, who have been vaccinated, to a cancer operation and wait to transport them home?

Mean while an ex president throws a huge birthday bash, millions riot and loot, and a million plus illegals come over the border. I can't help but wonder though if at least at some level of management the use of the salute, and I am sure it was recorded, security records everything, at least struck some ones nerves. It is hard to call it a right wing salute and name Fauci, but it was my crude attempt to point out the slippery slope we are going down. At least we have not reached the point Germany did, where he returns it, at least not yet.

But then this is the organization that sees you in a wheelchair, a urine bag hanging on your leg with blood in the urine, asks you if you are there to see a provider and acts like you might need to prove it. Well it all can be justified I guess if you ignore common sense and stress the dangers of not following orders.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Oh, it's coming again. Our company just went back to a mask mandate.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

My company stated that the were not going to ask about vaccine status. But the only place in the office you can be without a mask is your own desk.

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Some business's here are are already requiring masks, despite no official edict from On High! The Big hospital here is under construction, so you cannot even access the emergency room directly, you have to drop off curb side, get your temp checked, and then go almost a block away to park your car! I show up in my snarling rip snorting muscle car and leave it idling so they all get to not only hear it, but smell it, tends to get action a little faster when they hear the revs snap like that! No one but the emergency patient allowed inside, no exceptions, and security hold fast on that, and no amount of complaining to the city or county has any effect, private property and all that! Even the sheriff says it's not the hill he wants to die on, just go with it or not!

duane and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

No mask mandates and no vaccine nazi's at my work.
    Thank God...
    We're a small business with less than 30 employees. What I do envision is insurance companies, or banks, or some other big business entity will require their customers (us) to ensure employees are vaccinated.

6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Ditto.

Not a State or Muni call - the GD CDC....

duane and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

duane, Oddcaliber and enloopious like this.
  8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I have been told it is a HIPPA violation to even ask if you have been vaxxed, or if you have a health issue that prevents you from wearing a mask. I also heard if you are a Christian Scientist you have a valid religious objection to taking the vaccine.

9. Jaybird

Jaybird Monkey+++

HIPPA only applies to medical types (hospital, doctor, etc). There is nothing in HIPPA that applies to non-medical folks inquiring about your medical status. This is a common misconception. There are other privacy statues that would apply I would think.

10. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I already told my boss at work that if he requires us to wear a mask I will be on hiatus until that nonsense is over. This has become a joke. If the masks and lockdowns didn't work the first time will MORE of them work the second time? I absolutely refuse to play the game. Its all a lie. Fauci was caught lying to congress and he's still making up rules? He never had the authority to do it in the first place. The Constitution STILL applies and now more than ever!

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

So how does this Chinese VD #19 work?
    2 neighbors have caught the #19, 1 is married, 1 is not and lives alone.
    The 1 that's married is saying her husband is not experiencing any symptoms, They are now on day 9
    How long before he comes down with the VD #19 ?

duane likes this.
  12. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

If he takes vitamin D, zinc, quercetin, nac, claritin and pepcid AC he will probably not show any symptoms

Gator 45/70 and duane like this.
  13. duane

duane Monkey+++

Covid is a virus and is constantly changing, the best they can do is play catch up and in the long run only the development by most people of some resistance to it will minimize the effect and the death rate, before than anything can and will only help. We no longer accept that some things can not be solved by science and fight everything as an effort to dispute our control. of events, climate change, disease, natural population balances as resources and environment change, nature in general has to be controlled.

Then we also has a system that can not let a crisis go to waste. Exploit for political gain, drug profits, all the other products that may or may not help. I use 91% alcohol in my shop for some cleaning uses. Buy it at Wallie World as I don't like the things they use to denature it in a lot of paint uses. Had a quart bottle bought several years ago with an 89 cent sticker on it, replaced it with same brand and size last week for $2.29, and now that the "crisis" is over all the discount hand sanitizers have gone away. Personal bias is that they have to milk this a little longer to keep control until the next election cycle. How else can you pass trillion dollar funding bills funded by printing money and debt, and those asked to pass it don't have a chance to even read it or it is so general that the bureaucrats can fill in the details in any way they wish as it is only a guideline. 35 % of all the dollars ever printed were printed in the last year and we run trillions of debt with many of the expenditures taking place in the next few years with no attempt to fund those expenditures.

The masks are just the tip of the iceberg, controlling how you enter a building, when you can work, who you can associate with, using online systems to monitor and limit your debate, etc, that is the real problem. Since most of the rules that locked us down are based on "medical" decisions rather than law, so far it has been difficult to even chalange them.

Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  14. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7