Recipe Cowboy Stew Boy Scout Recipe

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by pearlselby, Jan 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

Cowboy Stew II Recipe

I can remember in Girl Scouts making stew. We called it Girl Scout Stew. I remember that aroma to this day. I canned a bunch of it.

2. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

Traveling in the motorhome, I find myself looking for simpler recipes than my normal standbys...this looks like a good simple recipe that can bee added to to suit one's mood.

Bear, Dunerunner and pearlselby like this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Wifee's late grampa used to own and run a restaurant. One of there methods in the apparently well known stew is to use short ribs with the bone as the meat. While I can't give a recipe, I can tell you that it is very delicious. The bone adds nice flavor and the texture of the meat is awesome. Wifee makes it from time to time. And I always eat too much.

kellory, oldawg and pearlselby like this.
  4. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

@Hanzo, I have another perpetual soup going this wee. But, I want some of those big beef bones to do next time. My Grandma would have a pot going all the time. I can remember sometimes it did not taste like chicken. It was probably beef. I was real small 4 or 5.

Hanzo likes this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

The big bones with the ball joints work well too. Especially if there is some meat on it. The meat would be bland from the cooking, but I loved eating it and the cartilage and tendons and stuff with a bit of shoyu. Same with the pork bones. But only if the meat was a little fatty. Otherwise it would be too dry and stringy. Good stuff. Thanks for the memories.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Ganado
  3. Ganado
  4. Motomom34
  5. Ganado
  6. natshare
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Ganado
  9. Ganado
  10. Ganado
  11. Motomom34
  12. chelloveck