Craftsman 192 pc. Mechanics Tool Set with Trifofold case $84.24

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by stg58, Dec 2, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

$99.95 but if you enter save15 you get it for $84.24 plus tax and free shipping..

Have plenty but ordered one for my truck.

I will be PO'd if they are not still USA made!

Added:
    Color me not happy, returned set....

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    Yard Dart and Brokor like this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Only tools I ever buy.

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I will never buy sears/craftsman anymore. I have had to fight them too many times over waurenties. They no longer even make tapes, and refuse to honor their waurenties. They swap used, rebuilt ratchets for new ones that have failed, and are now the minor partner of Kmart, and owned by the Chinese.

4. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey Site Supporter

MY GOD Man! Do we not have anything that we can believe in???

My brother would comb the yard sales for craftsman tools and take them in for exchange for new ones. Ended up with a new set of tools that way..

Brokor likes this.
  5. kellory

Yep, and that would be one reason craftsman doesn't want to honor waurenties. ( not original purchaser)
    I now buy snap on, or their sister brand kobalt.

Brokor likes this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I just liked Craftsman because the tools kick butt. Virtually everything is imported these days. It's better to buy American when possible, but we all know how hard that is.

7. Dont

My brother did grow up in cali..

8. stg58

Last July I took in a ratchet, 2 sockets and 4 screw drivers all of them were replaced with no questions asked. The ratchet was actually a better model fine tooth since they did not make the one I turned in. Sears is no longer the Sears of old which was a great American company but as far as hand tools they still stand by their warranty

9. Dont

Has been my expierence as well. However, I have not been into a sears store for some time. Don't knock a cheep tool. Sometimes they come in handy if you know you will mess it up during a nasty job..

10. kellory

I had a manager for Sears Craftsman tell me that by replacing Stanley tape they provided as a replacement for Sears Craftsman, that I was endangering his job and taking food out of the mouths of his children.
    I insisted, follow the Sears warranty which is in gold print in large letters above every entry door of the old stores "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back".
    I had to spell it out that I purchased a lifetime warranty with The original purchase no matter what they replaced it with, and I would accept nothing less than their Word.

11. Dont

And that is as it should be.. Their word..

kellory likes this.
  12. stg58

My father was with Sears for 30 years and a store manager for 15 of those years. He stood by the guarantee over the door to his last day and was sick at the demise of Sears in the latter years of his employment and after. He showed me a 3/4" breaker bar and socket that had been destroyed when a guy used it with a tractor to take apart some railroad rails, the guy had everything replaced.
    Back in the day the store mangers were merchandisers today they are just administrators who hire and fire and follow the plan issued out of Chicago...

All I can say is none of the people at the local Sears store know of my Father , the Craftsman hand tools as of last July still have been warranteed in the local Sears store like they were when my Father worked there, no questions asked.
    BTW Snap-On and Stanley made most of the Craftsman mechanic tools into the 90's.

13. kellory

Men like your father, are a dying breed of manager. There are a few left. But they are quite hard to find. I could tell a dozen sears horror stories. But I shall refrain. Let's just leave it at " we no longer do business together."

Men like your father, were the strength of sears, and they threw it away.

stg58 likes this.
  14. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

Kobalt is the brand sold in Lowes, right? I have tried and hated several Kobalt tools, they are nothing remotely like any Snap-on tool I ever used. They may be "sister" companies, but the products are not similar at all.

CATO likes this.
  15. Dont

Have never purchased Kobalt brands. Never liked how they felt in the hand...

16. kellory

Kobalt, is made by snap-on. It is their lower priced line, with the same lifetime warranty, and easier to return. (And I have never had an argument over whether or not something was covered). I broke a gear Wrench, and took it back, and the manager replaced the whole set, even though I had lost 2 of them. I have no complaints about Kobalt tools. (Edited)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  17. Dont

Ease of return would be nice. Returned an item to sears about two years ago and did not have any difficulties doing it. Small town...

18. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

19. kellory

" Previously made in the USA, initially by Snap-on" looks like there may have been a few changes made.

20. Dont

Snap on is a reputable brand to purchase..

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7