1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tackleberry, May 13, 2008.

1. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Krieg Hündchen

What should a person do when the local county appraiser jacks his or her property tax-value up because she says your home has 'curb-appeal'?
  2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

needs few cars on cinder blocks...:)perhaps a greasy small block or two tossed in the corner
  3. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

Appeal the idiot's ruling. That is absurd, and I hope you have that silliness in writing.

Edit to add:
    Bulldoze up a berm and set up a shooting bench -- [ghrit]
  4. Tackleberry

The wife won't allow any old cars or boats....but there is plenty more sheets of tin to add to the border fence.

The appraiser did this to more than a few people....the border fence was added recently as a response to the 'curb-appeal' comment.
  5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Find a burned out trailer house and use the trailer frame to set up gallows for butchering in the front yard (see my butchering tutorial in back to basics for pics). Toss up a couple of tin and or tar paper sheds in the front yard or get junked semi trailers to put out there for storage. Park a few dead cars out front....hmm what else do I have around here lol... oh hang old tires on the fence post for the keep out signs instead of the fancy boards and maybe get a trashed mobile home (can get them for hauling them off at times if you look) to set up in front of the house, could even use it for live stock and chickens.

If you need more ideas just jump the state line and come out some time, I go for straight utility and make sure that if new buildings affect the property tax it should bring it down. I dont care for the idea of my work to improve my situation being penalized.
  6. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Oh yeah some other stuff have seen around would be if you catfish hang the skelitons on the fence to show of how big they are, do the same with skulls from der, pigs and cattle, just hang them on the fence or fence posts. A few brush piles and fallen dead tres along the drive could add to the ambiance as well.
  7. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++ Site Supporter

This is getting stupid, Indiana just passsed a property tax reform law that would prevent the county appraisers from doing this sort of stuff. The county I live in is already screaming about so called shortfalls in the county budget and state law prevents them from cutting emergyy/police services. Yet none of the county leaders have said anything about cutting their own pay to meet socalled shortfalls. O well.
  8. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

To cut Curb Appeal Line Soiled Sheets along some lines in the front.
    Maybe 5 or 6 pairs of old boots along the power-lines onto your property.
    Make Corrugated "OutHouses" All along the front of the property. Then Invite them out for a re appraisal.
  9. RobertRogers

RobertRogers Monkey+++

lol "catfish skeletons".
  10. Tackleberry

I can't hang critter carcases on the fence, it is against state law. Trust me, the thought already crossed my mind.

I will be adding more junk from the rotted chicken coup I tore down last year. Ripped up chicken wire and tin roofing sheets. It all looks 'good' on the border. :)

If ya'll thinmk of any more nasty ideas let me know.

My fight with the county has just started....
  11. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

You should have looked her in the eye and said "what curb you stupid B ? Thats a dirt road you're standing on !!!!"
    You should have taken the advice off of that O so old thread when we were all at WR and planted those Locust trees and people wouldn't have a scenic view of your land .
  12. Tackleberry

The trees are planted and growing...
  13. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Take a crap in the front yard. [flush]o_O[no][gasmask]:eek:[shiz][yukface]
  14. Mule

Mule Monkey++

Call it a Polygamist Compound and see what happens

15. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

hehehehe -- I remember that, how well I do. Was just thinking that before I read Big's post. Can't see them in the pix as posted --. [coffee2]

A few bide-a-wee bushes wouldn't hurt, either. About a ten foot swath of briars --. Won't hurt the curb appeal, but sure will slow down those that want a closer look.
  16. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Friggin perfect until the Feddies come and try to inspect your daughters.

Also, Toilet seats in teh trees. Maybe Brain tan some hides in the front yard.

Also Try Mine Field and Bio hazard waste Signs

My brother adds "Nothing screams curb appeal like a dead whale carcass"
  17. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

I would bet that a county appraiser would be a political appointee and quite possibly a typical liberal braindead hack especially being a woman .

Instead of mucking up your land with unsightly garbage I suggest a simpler tactic .

Post a sign that will immediately offend them and distract them all at the same time .

My suggestions

The ______ hunting preserve . Guaranteed Kills or your money back !!

White Tail Doe $400
    White Tail Bucks 4 Point $500
    6 Point $600
    8 Point $800
    Etc etc Season runs year round !!
    Spring special 2 month old Fawns $200

That or

The _______ Shooting Range Hours and rates are Pistols Mon-Wed $5 an hour Range Fee Thur and Fri Full Auto Machine Guns $10 an hour Sat-Sun Anything goes $15 an hour And Don't worry folks we don't do background checks so come shoot till your heart Desires !!! Parking lot gun sales welcome !!! Full life size targets available Have some of John Lennon , MLK and Rosie O'Donut !!

It doesn't matter if you actually have a range they're not bright enough to figure it out .
  18. thepatriot1976

thepatriot1976 Resigned Membership

Try this for curb appeal!

19. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

thought i had that removed from "google earth"!
  20. Tackleberry

There are fruit trees planted between the house and the 'fence'.....therefore, you can't really see the junk from the house. :)

I don't really want the feds coming to screw with me, but I am willing to take on the county knuckle-heads.

The thorn trees planted aren't locusts, they are hedge....and they are everywhere. I am still working on a few other ideas to offend the <female dog> when she and her minions come next time. I think I will start gating the driveway entrance so she has to walk 300 yards up my drive to the house.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary