Custom Earplugs for Hyperacusis

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Win2xP, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Win2xP

Win2xP Monkey

Hello, I have a hearing condition called hyperacusis and I've been looking for the best earplugs I can get. I avoid going out this time because I am a bit of a paranoid when it comes to getting COVID19. So... I just want to know if anyone here tried buying ? They are called and they offer home service for molding your ears for custom hearing protection and then they'll mail the product within a few weeks. They also do have instructions for DIY molding where they'll send a molding kit then you'll mold your ears and send back the kit with the molds. Some of their products are really intriguing and of course, I'd love to know if anyone here tried their products yet.

Here's how they look like.

Any other recommendation?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I tried them years ago, pretty much a waste of good money! Believe it or not, a 9 mm casing stuffed with a foamy does a really good job at protecting your hearing! I custom make my own, knock the primers out, tie a good leather string through them and stuff with a foamy and your done! You can also use .32 Colt, or even .25 auto to fit your ears! Take if from somebody who has lost most of his hearing due to a belt of Maw-Duce at point blank, these work!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I use "Work Tunes" headphones.
    I do not like things 'in' my ears, and believe me I have tried a lot.
    I can hear what I want to hear and even Bluetooth to my phone or laptop.
    I have had my pair for several years now, and should they finally fail I will replace them with the same thing.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Same here , and a few versions , fly and USUB and intercom ,, wife uses sleepers , says i rumble !!!
    Sloth

Gator 45/70, Meat and mysterymet like this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

We had custom ear plugs made for us at a mill I worked at years ago. I thought they were poop myself. Foamies are my choice for everything, even road noise during my commute. My brother used to wear them at family functions, lots of kids screaming usually. Straight genius! Runs in the family. Lol. :D

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Even cigarette butts will work, back before the Mil. Cared about our hearing, cleaning patches, 9 mm shells, and butts were what we used as field expedient hearing protection!

Cruisin Sloth, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Some people like the custom molded ones and some people don’t. They take some getting used to. (Weeks not days) I also have to wear the filter ones not the solid ones or I get ear aches or ear infections. Smaller people with smaller ear holes can have trouble with many of the foamies.

Meat, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^^^^Agreed. I wasn’t patient enough. The foamies look like a nice treat to the dogs but so far they’ve processed them fine. Eww.

10. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I have had my dog eat one , and I saw it go in and then he had to poop on a leash till it came out .
    Glad he didn't chew it ..
    Being a SH it head , it worked better ;)
    Sloth

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7