Daily Thankfulness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Jun 29, 2013.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Motomom 34 gave us a thread in the Inferno for a Daily Rant so I figured we should have a place to put the good things that happen to us on a daily basis.

Way back, we were developing a product line of Rifle parts and it was costing us an arm and a leg. Finances were stretched to the absolute max to the point that Mike and I went 2 full years without drawing any paychecks. We couldn't even afford to buy paper clips and were scrounging them from home and the floor of our trucks. they were dark days but we didn't give up. What we did do was have a rule that when we arrived in the morning, the first thing we had to relate to one another was good news, the bad news could follow later. Some days good news was hard to find but we were committed to at least one thing, even if it was as simple as we only got one bill in the mail. Through the years, we have continued to start the day with good news and it does help mitigate the difficulties that may follow before the day is over.

So, in that spirit, lets start the day will good news!

My good news for Saturday, 06/29/13 - I was able to pull in enough extra bodies to finish the full count Inventory by noon. This is a huge accomplishment. Now I can start the valuation but at least part one is done. I am relieved

Have a good weekend everyone

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Buy from RightHand, Besides...She's down right voluptuous !!!

RightHand likes this.
  3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

LOL The voluptuous may still be there but the years have rearranged it a bit

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

lol...It's in the eye of the beholder.

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

OUCH! OW! (leer;))

6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

All of my young'uns will be home over the fourth so we can celebrate a birthday and have a pool party...

RightHand likes this.
  7. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

I will be at Witch Doctor's with my kids and grandkids on July the 4th!:D

chelloveck and RightHand like this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I will be, where I mostly always am..... and just maybe, I will have some Energetic Fun....

9. Dawg23

Dawg23 do or do not, there is no try

its the weekend, and i was able to buy a new storage bed with bookcase headboard, and some nice pedestals on each side for more storage. :)

10. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Ok, I'm thankful that I don't need to cut firewood, and we're not in danger of freezing here in Phoenix!

11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I am thankful Jesus Christ loves me and died for my sins.... as I get ready for another Sunday serving locally as I can, I remember that my duty is to my family and neighbor's alike... and that is good!!

Sapper John, Motomom34 and RightHand like this.
  12. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I came to town to see my 1st grandchild born, and was going to stay a week. The gods of good fortune smiled on me....2 house sitting/dog sitting jobs happened...I get to stay a month, get paid....see all my dear friends I made in 20+ years of living here, stay a whole month, AND get paid to do it! I'm grateful to have my little family I have left here...my good friends....and the time to be able to do this. To see the1st month of my granddaughters life..Life is pretty good today. It's the little things that get me through. Thankful RH started this thread too...It's really hard to be anything other than wonderful, when you can find gratitude in every little thing.....

Tracy, Witch Doctor 01 and Motomom34 like this.
  13. CRC

It's a new day, and I woke up happy. I'm spending time with my Berkley today and so grateful for that...There's food in the pantry, money in the bank, and gas in the car, music in my life...It's gonna be a good day Scooter...

Icefoot and BTPost like this.
  14. Icefoot

Icefoot Monkey+

My fence is clean and no longer covered in algae and mold.

15. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Awesome thread idea RH! We start every dinner at my house with "One good thing that happened today". I love this stuff!

I am inside an air conditioned office and not outside melting (at least until the drive home). Ahhhhh.... :)

CRC likes this.
  16. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Hope the fires are staying away from you, GW. Feel terrible for the families of the firefighters killed...

As to what I'm thankful for, there's the health of our 'livestock', and that I ate the last 2 pieces of my sourdough this morning, only have to someone trade me a loaf for a dozen eggs this afternoon :)

17. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Oh and I'm also thankful we placed our order with Schwan's so come Friday we're getting a buttload of ice cream goodies delivered to our door [touchdown]

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am extremely thankful for certain emergency workers that get little or no pay. These emergency personnel stopped their 4th activities and gave all to help others. So thankful that such people are standing by waiting to help.

CRC, RightHand and kellory like this.
  19. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I am thankfull today, that our nighborhood has lost no eyes, toes or fingers from last nights celebration!! Between about 7 families we shot about 600 mortars and a ton of assorted fireworks. We had two mis-fires with one going up 20 feet and igniting, and the other the mortar tube fell over and a ground shot came bouncing across our yard. It looked like someone had yelled grenade... everyone was running. Good times!!!

BTPost, kellory and RightHand like this.
  20. CRC

My little dog sitting/house sitting venture has me in Florida again, for a month this time....maybe longer. Closer to the people I love, and love me. I get to spend time with my only grandchild, my daughter, and some very important people in my life. Oh yeah, and I won $40 at Bunko last night.... :D

Motomom34, kellory and Sapper John like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7