Dallas Shooting- 5 officers dead, black lives matter protest

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AD1, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Because in the "problem, reaction, solution" frame we live...
    The Dallas incident was triggered (at least in part by) the 2 recent black deaths at police hands.
    The lefts "sensible solution" will be to go after your guns again....and again...
    The NRA is (like it or not) necessary to defend your right to arms.
    They should be defending the black dude with the permit and condemning the cop who killed him.
    Sorry if you don't see the same picture - keep in mind...I'm up north and just trying to figure it out and where I'm gonna stand.
    I'm still wondering on false flag, election year and the timing....looking to connect dots.
    *shrug*
    Hope that makes sense.

We have the fact that he had a permit and was following the law by notifying the officer that he was armed. Sounds like he had no record....was a law abiding citizen and there was a kid in the car.
    WHY....my God...WHY would a cop blow him away IN FRONT OF A KID.
    For a busted tail light?????

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
    Motomom34 likes this.
  2. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

We have what his girlfriend was reported. She started filming(unless I am wrong) after he was shot.

So unless there is more video, its one side of the story......just sayin....

Motomom34 likes this.
  3. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

The NRA isn't necessary for jack. People need to quit depending upon others to defend their rights and start standing up and defending them themselves. WE are the NRA...and we don't need the voices of our paid lobbyists in the organization to be heard. The NRA is a convenience when we agree...a danger when we don't...but hardly necessary.

4. Mindgrinder

You're correct - after he was shot.
    Does it make any sense to you that he would throw his life away in front of a kid?

YOU are the NRA - correct....but you are NOT their lobby group that successfully defends your rights....or at least sincerely tries. They need to release a statement here...other than platitudes for the cops families in dallas. (also necessary)

Motomom34 and AD1 like this.
  5. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

AD1 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Manson was there and directed those specific murders, not that Farrakhan isn't a menace to society.

7. Mindgrinder

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Motomom34 likes this.
  8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

It don't really have much of anything to do with it...

BUT...

the PTB want it to... so it now does...

never let a crisis go to waste... if ya ain't got one to accomplish your goals... make one... kinda thing I guess?

would NOT be surprised... given the very nature of too many on the left... that this was planned...

9. chimo

The NRA has compromised away more of our rights than they have defended. I don't need the freakin NRA to defend my rights and neither do you. Indeed, depending on others or pieces of paper to defend your rights is a sure recipe for losing them. Their lobbying is a convenience when we agree...a danger when we don't. This is off topic so that's all I will say about that.

Mindgrinder likes this.
  10. duane

duane Monkey+++

Usual cr**, Dallas mayor and police chief are both very professional, trying to defuse the situation and more worried about doing their jobs well, than some knee jerk reaction. The feds, Lynch and Obummer come over as totally clueless and only interested in continuing to push their agenda and ignoring anything that isn't in their script. A very sad day for all of us and I am afraid the terrorist will get just what he wanted, linking the previous events to this one, dividing us even more and becoming a hero in some circles. When you keep screaming fire in the theater when there is none, sooner or later the panic will happen. All the liberals have a one sided view of the world and God help us all if it doesn't coincide with reality. I wish the problems were as simple as liberal vs conservative. The destabilization of Iraq, Syria, Libya. Afghanistan, Lebanon, etc has really worked out well for us as well as "free" enterprise rules for the banks and wall street. Score lately seems to be idiots 100, people in general in the USA 0. Doesn't look good and everyone has their agenda tied to even more problems and dividing us even further. Past time to buy bullets, now time for beans and water and the company of like minded people as you will not be able to watch your back 24-7. The mayor asked us to pray for his officers, I think it is time to pray for what little that is left of our great country and pray that it be protected from those that wish to harm, no matter how high their offices may be. I agree with Chief Brown and I think that while things are somewhat normal, we need to support our local police if at all possible, I know that most of our local, county, and state police are good honorable men and women and I go out of the way to let them know that I support them. I would much rather have them say Hi if stopped than feeling threatened. Last time I got stopped by a policeman, doing 65 in a 50 mph area on the way to work, the two cars if front of me kept right on going, the policeman, who I recognize although I don't know his name, checked me out, gave me a verbal warning, and thanked me for stopping and being polite. In most areas in the US, the police, no matter which racial group they belong to, are our neighbors and are trying their best to do a decent job in a very stress filled job. I for one am trying to do everything I can do to reduce the stress. Save your snide comments and criticism for those trying to divide us, rule us, or fill their needs in some weird agenda. It may be trite in this day and age, but I do support my local police and let them know it and it isn't to brown nose them either.

Motomom34 and Mindgrinder like this.
  11. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I have to agree with @Mindgrinder on this. The NRA needs to, at the very least, make a statement that they are waiting for an investigation to determine what exactly happened. This is a Public Relations oversight and failure. I also think, that in this day and age, we do need an organization to speak up for our rights - whether it is gun rights or any rights. And, the NRA, like it or not, is that organization. I see it like this. I am one voice so if I complain that is all they hear, one person screaming. The NRA are millions of voices so when they complain it is a ear shattering roar. Plus, together they have much more money than I ever would to legally defend and challenge laws in the court room. Maybe I got it wrong but that is how I see it.

Having said that, I also agree the @chimo has a point and it's a good one. We should defend our rights, not the NRA and many times we do not agree with the NRA: "Their lobbying is a convenience when we agree...a danger when we don't." But, we need a voice and someone to organize that voice for if not then we're a mob and will be seen as a mob and, more than likely, act like a mob. Organization is critical at this point in dealing with the Federal government. The people need a voice because voting is no longer that voice and might be meaningless. So, the NRA is a necessity whether we like it or not, whether they support all our desires or not. For now, we need them.

Motomom34 and Mindgrinder like this.
  12. Mindgrinder

i`ll hush now till more info develops.

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

So far, the NRA, the GOA and other gun friendly organizations have been silent. Like it or not, they seem to be doing the right thing and waiting for some truths to emerge.
    @Bandit99 - Mostly yup, we can agree with and not on various NRA policies. Support 'em in public as needed. As our representatives on the stage, we owe them that. We also owe them criticisms where we disagree, but those complaints do NOT need to be public outside of the magazine or in places where the members tend to congregate, like here.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  14. chimo

Riddle me this...what is the difference between us crying for the NRA or anyone else to make some kind of statement concerning every news item that takes over the cycle and the liberal SJWs that do the same? Nuff said.

15. chimo

Kinda sounds like the point I made about the Bundys and their little ill-fated occupation in Oregon...supporting them publicly when we agree, but keeping our criticisms private when we don't. We didn't do a very good job of the latter. :(

Motomom34 likes this.
  16. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

In no way do I approve of what has happened...

I want to point out something that perhaps few have thought upon...

currently there is NOT enough accurate information regarding the true whats n whys and such...

However...

IF this proves to be a big screw up made by DPD...

then it could present a possible situation where the 2nd was being used as intended...

NOT saying this is the case...

saying consider this from as many perspectives as you are able...

also do your best to change the racial aspects...

thing is many of us would NOT react and do what was done cause we still have a certain degree of trust in our LEO's

edited for this thought... I have known or been acquainted with many LEO's and I want very much to say... perhaps I have been blessed but ALL of them were professional, considerate, caring, individuals that took their jobs to protect and serve and done it well... and deserved the trust!

BUT...

should the day ever come that we lose that trust... ?

would we, could we, should we, react in a similar manner?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    duane likes this.
  17. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Question: Was it a law in Texas that he had to inform the officer he was legally carrying a firearm?

This is something that has always concerned me. Here, in Idaho, it is not a law, but I thought it might be considerate to do so; however, something recently has put doubt in my mind. An acquaintance was stop while with his family and he was open-carrying which is legal here - his wife was driving. The officers noticed the firearm when he approached the car and became very defensive and quite strange - for want of better words. The officers returned and remained in the police car and used the car speaker to tell the driver to get out to come get in the police car. Bad things started to happen when my friend got out to accompany his wife who was the driver. The police sort of went super-aggressive super-fast, drew their firearms even pointed them at him, handcuffed him, lock him in rear of police car...crazy. It turned out okay and he was released. The police realized they overreacted and tried to downplay the situation and were in no uncertain terms told to "go to hell." Understand, all this time they had 5 children in the car ranging from 7-18 years old.
    Now, consider that since early July (I think 3 July) we now have Constitutional Carry in the this state so many more people will be carrying... So, tell the cop that pulled you over that you are carrying a legally licensed firearm and risk putting them on edge or keep your mouth shut?

18. chimo

OK something is starting to smell here. All last night and this morning the word from Dallas was that there were at least two shooters in different positions...now all of the sudden they are claiming that this Johnson mutt was the lone gunman and that nobody else was involved.

19. Mindgrinder

20. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Just wondering out loud......how many whites have been killed by cops in the last 3 or 4 days?? Or hispanics? While I'm wondering, how many black on black killings? These things make me go "Hmmmm."

Kajun

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7