Dash Cam's Anyone ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gator 45/70, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Thinking about getting one and this is a feeler to those with real time models.

Before I pull the trigger on one, I would like to hear about your's

So, What ya got and how well is it doing ?

And a big old Monkey Thanks' ahead of time !

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I use two , both are very small DVR's , they are set to record when ign is started & shut off when 3 seconds after ign off. they both record in a loop of over writing the oldest clip. 64mb cards in them . full colour & sound. The rear one can sense / see the rear 3rd brake light.
    I use them for backup for my driving & insurance that I don't get a claim against me. I also need to have my driving abstract sent in every six months ,making sure im a good risk for the insurance coverage. The rear DVR is basic & both are somewhat hidden unless you know where to look.the forward one has many features . You have many types to decide on . 30$ to 400$ range .
    HTH's
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 and ditch witch like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Could be very important, should you want to Prove a Point in Traffic Court. You do not have to tell the Opposition, that you have them mounted, and operational. If they know, they can require you to produce them, with a Warrant. So best to not make them obvious. .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Cruisin Sloth

My thinking exactly. !!!!!!!Plus pick one that use's an SD size of card. I pull my cards & exchange them while the DVR is still mounted in place , tiny cards are a PITA with thick fingers. also class 10 cards only for speed.

BTPost and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Nukashima

Nukashima Monkey

6. Cruisin Sloth

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I have lots of SD cards for game cameras that I don't need. Dash cam at that kind of price, might be s good idea. I drive 2-5 hours each and every day.

8. Cruisin Sloth

As long as they are a class 10 , most SD cards are Class 3-4 and no number under that =S l o w . Class 10 is needed for quick recording . If not the picture is jumpy & fuzzy. I'd post up one of mine , but I sing along with the music & speak my thoughts as I drive alone (Rude & to the point= pull up your pants & !@#$%^& Up ) It's fun , but I never knew I was so much of a grandpa.

kellory and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. kellory

:D[kissit][gone][LMAO]

10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hey, thanks' for the tip about the SD card and +1

11. kellory

"

12. Cruisin Sloth