1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Dash Cam's Anyone ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gator 45/70, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Thinking about getting one and this is a feeler to those with real time models.

Before I pull the trigger on one, I would like to hear about your's

So, What ya got and how well is it doing ?

And a big old Monkey Thanks' ahead of time !

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I use two , both are very small DVR's , they are set to record when ign is started & shut off when 3 seconds after ign off. they both record in a loop of over writing the oldest clip. 64mb cards in them . full colour & sound. The rear one can sense / see the rear 3rd brake light.
    I use them for backup for my driving & insurance that I don't get a claim against me. I also need to have my driving abstract sent in every six months ,making sure im a good risk for the insurance coverage. The rear DVR is basic & both are somewhat hidden unless you know where to look.the forward one has many features . You have many types to decide on . 30$ to 400$ range .
    HTH's
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 and ditch witch like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Could be very important, should you want to Prove a Point in Traffic Court. You do not have to tell the Opposition, that you have them mounted, and operational. If they know, they can require you to produce them, with a Warrant. So best to not make them obvious. .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Cruisin Sloth

My thinking exactly. !!!!!!!Plus pick one that use's an SD size of card. I pull my cards & exchange them while the DVR is still mounted in place , tiny cards are a PITA with thick fingers. also class 10 cards only for speed.

BTPost and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Nukashima

Nukashima Monkey

6. Cruisin Sloth

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I have lots of SD cards for game cameras that I don't need. Dash cam at that kind of price, might be s good idea. I drive 2-5 hours each and every day.

8. Cruisin Sloth

As long as they are a class 10 , most SD cards are Class 3-4 and no number under that =S l o w . Class 10 is needed for quick recording . If not the picture is jumpy & fuzzy. I'd post up one of mine , but I sing along with the music & speak my thoughts as I drive alone (Rude & to the point= pull up your pants & !@#$%^& Up ) It's fun , but I never knew I was so much of a grandpa.

kellory and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. kellory

:D[kissit][gone][LMAO]

10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hey, thanks' for the tip about the SD card and +1

11. kellory

"

12. Cruisin Sloth