Daytona Tactical / AR Kits Supplier

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by tacmotusn, Jun 3, 2015.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

As some of you know, I sort of got hooked on assembling AR's and I have done about a dozen builds. While looking for suppliers for my latest desire .... an AR pistol I found this company.
    well for my next toy, this is going to be the base. 7.5" AR-15 Complete Black Pistol Kit NO Lower Unassembled | Daytona Tactical
    Since Daytona Tactical is only a couple hours away from me and since they sell directly at their storefront / warehouse, I decided to pay them a visit.
    When I drove over to Daytona Tactical to get my kit I found this and got lazy. I can easily assemble a lower from scratch. I am not so sure about the upper.
    7.5" AR-15 Complete Black Pistol Upper with Buffer Assembly | Daytona Tactical
    When I spoke to the seller on the phone he said he would lower the price to reflect "no shipping and handling". When I said I would be paying cash, and asked "so what is the cash price less shipping and how much is the tax". his response was a question, do you want a receipt? My answer ... "not necessarily" His response with a smile was $380. ...... Works for me!
    all I am lacking is a lower receiver parts kit and my on hand lower to complete this build.
    well almost. as I indicated in the prospective build plans I need sights, optics, sig brace, mag well finger grip, a better hand grip, bungee sling etc etc
    Now as to this company and their prices. They have an awesome set up for assembly of a limited select group of completion kits they offer. After seeing how they put my package together I have to point out FALSEHOOD in their advertising. They claim their complete uppers are .....
    "Each upper is assembled to order with US-made parts, and test fired to check gas function."

From what I have seen with my own eyes, this is not true. With their complete uppers, you get an assembled upper, minus the BLG and or Charging Handle. They have all the parts right there, and wrap each separate with bubble wrap, and box the 3 as a complete upper. Their were no complete uppers assembled with BLG and charging handle anywhere so ... how can the above bold print be true. They are in the city, and no range either. small building. I inspected all my parts. I have no beef. I am going to test fire the upper as is on a carbine lower. I have no head space gauges.
    Bottom line, with exception to the one point above, it looks like they run a well organized and well supplied operation to supply and ship quickly what they offer. The BLG they supplied was M-16 vs AR ... lol, but I am not about to complain about that. In fact I prefer it.
    test fire will probably happen tomorrow. I am kind of busy today.
    I will let you know how it goes

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  2. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Good information.
    I have assembled a few AR's and have thought about a pistol also.
    As I understand it it must be done on a receiver that was transferred as a pistol AR receiver and some of the AR boards indicate that some kits are more reliable than others.

3. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

If you buy an assembled AR pistol receiver then you are correct. If you buy stripped receivers and they are whatever you build them up to be and are SUPPOSE TO stay that way.

Tully Mars and stg58 like this.
  4. Mountainman

stg58 and NotSoSneaky like this.
  5. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

MM, I bookmarked the site as we all pretty much intend to misuse the product legally. The whole issue is crazy anyway, since my magpul 6 position moe buttstock collapses to exactly the same length. A buck saved makes me happy.
    I made a long comment and attempted to post it there at Shockwave. It got designated as spam and erased. That fired me up a bit and I sent a second terse one under the handle "John Galt". Suggested they get their product on Amazon. I had to seriously bite my sharp tongue to keep from getting spam stomped the second time. They really did piss me off. Damn computer program had to nail me as spam, because I was being quite sincere and thankful. I brought part of that up in the 2nd comment.

Tully Mars likes this.
  7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

So what's the purpose in building an AR Pistol? I mean other than "Hey I want one" which I completely understand;) Just wondering as that particular variation has never tripped my trigger.

8. Mountainman

Would make one hell of a truck/car gun. Just think of the "oh shit" factor if something went down and you pulled it on someone.

9. Tully Mars

True. What about the buffer tube assembly? Doesn't it get subjected to rough treatment in a pistol configuration?

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Think "Josh Randel" in "Wanted Dead or Alive" for you Older Folks, who remember..... His was a cut down LeverAction 45-70..... Made a VERY Big Hole.....

Tully Mars likes this.
  11. Mountainman

It is not protected but constructed pretty tough. Unless you are throwing it around or dropping heavy objects on it there will be no problems.

Tully Mars likes this.
  12. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I am thinking mine will find a home in a modified soft case / holster velcroed to passenger side of console/engine hump with some sort of sleeve over the buffer. Pretty much out of sight there. I always lock my vehicle. and my vehicle is usually so cluttered I can position some other stuff to also deter detection. Yet very easily available.
    We live in very shaky uncertain times. This weapon hopefully would never have to be used, but if it was it could provide the needed shock and awe to allow you to break contact and escape.

Mountainman and Tully Mars like this.
  13. Tully Mars

Excellent points and food for thought. Had always planned on a 10" barreled CAR and an AK underfolder (wife's gun-what can I say:rolleyes:) to fill those roles.

And @BTPost I remember that show and The Rifleman. It's still on here on Sat. mornings. Both weapons were very high on the cool factor for a young cowboy in training;)

Ganado likes this.
  14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

may have a problem with lower I am using with this Daytona Tactical Upper. this lower is the same one I used with the unsatisfactory Bumpfire (full auto like) device. will try again no later than Saturday with one of the tried and true lowers off my regular duty weapons. Single fire, with second round loading but would not fire was the problem. disassemble lower from upper twice and tried reassembly with and without hammer in cocked position. it made no difference. I am scratching my head.

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Is the sear releasing or somehow the hammer is otherwise blocked?

16. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

the investigation is ongoing. at initial look I would say no. I do not have the jig for fine tuning the FCG

17. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Don't quote me on this, but I swear I read where the ATF said basically what you outlined, but also said that if a stripped receiver is first built as a pistol, it can then, later, be re-designated as a rifle, and then later re-designated as a pistol lower again, BUT THEN HAS TO REMAIN A PISTOL.

I believe this is to allow you to first build a lower as a pistol, while waiting for your SBR tax stamp to be approved and issued. Once that occurs, a (relatively) simple change of the buffer tube, and addition of a stock, would change your firearm from a pistol to an SBR (which requires the ATF stamp). If you later decide you'd rather have a pistol set-up, you can change it back.

18. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

kellory and Tully Mars like this.
  19. Tully Mars

[chopper]

tacmotusn likes this.
  20. Mountainman

Shockwave Blade Pistol Stabilizer Install

There is a set screw that holds it on the buffer tube and if you don't put some kind of a cushion between the screw and the tube you will slightly indent the tube to make it hold and if put on too tight, dent the tube. I used a rubber pad inside the Shockwave between the screw and the tube. Had to trim the pad a little to make it fit in the hole. Contact me if you don't understand or need any help with this. This is what I used.

100_6930.JPG

Tully Mars likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7