Debating which Puukko for my business venture/Xmas for me!

Discussion in 'Blades' started by AxesAreBetter, Nov 30, 2018.

1. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Howdy y'all. I just posted a thread about my considering acquiring a survival instructor "license", and the rules for where I am going stipulate a 4"-6" scandi grind blade...which is about 4" shorter than my usual minimum carry blade, and a different grind.

I have a Mora 3, which is a 6" wood handle Mora classic design, but I am worried about this being my main knife for over a month in the bush. It's just so fragile compared to what I normally carry.

Debating what I should look into for a "main blade" while out there, something $100 or less, and within the other specs.
    Mora makes a full tang blade now, but it is EXPENSIVE by comparison, and a real Finish puukko from somebody like Kellam can be had cheaper.
    Figured this would be fun, inspired by some other xmas posts. Haha.

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Bandit99, AxesAreBetter and snake6264 like this.
  3. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I also have a Seal Pup and they are indeed indestructible. I have used for every thing from digging out weeds, as a screwdriver, everything you can think of... It probably is not the knife to cut wood but would cut kindling nicely. My only bitch about it is that it's tough to sharpen because very hard metal and, personally, I don't like the serrated portion but that's just me. This is the knife I keep in the garage for odd jobs...I think they make a bigger one, bigger than the Pup, at least they use to...

EDIT: Opps! No idea about Scandi grind...

AxesAreBetter likes this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Yea, @Bandit99 I guess I read right passed that, too.(y)

Bandit99 and AxesAreBetter like this.
  6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

7. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Thanks!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7