December 4, 1945

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by RightHand, Dec 4, 2005.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

December 4

1945 Senate approves U.S. participation in United Nations

In an overwhelming vote of 65 to 7, the U.S. Senate approves full U.S. participation in the United Nations. The United Nations had officially came into existence on October 24, 1945, when its charter was ratified by China, France, the Soviet union", the United Kingdom, the United States and a majority of other signatories. Senate approval meant the U.S. could join most of the world's nations in the international organization, which aimed to arbitrate differences between countries and stem military aggression.

In approving U.S. participation in the United Nations, the Senate argued fiercely on a number of issues. Some senators proposed a resolution designed to force the president to receive congressional consent before approving U.S. troops for any U.N. peacekeeping forces. This resolution was defeated. The Senate also defeated a proposal by Senator Robert Taft that the United States urge its U.N. representatives to seek "immediate action" on arms control and possible prohibition of weapons such as atomic bombs.

The Senate action marked a tremendous change in the U.S. attitude toward international organizations. In the post-World War I period, the Senate acted to block U.S. participation in the newly established League of Nations. With the horrors of World War II as a backdrop, however, the Senate and the American people seemed willing to place some degree of trust in an even more powerful organization, the United Nations.

The United Nations provided a forum for some of the most dramatic episodes in Cold War history. In 1950, the Security Council, prodded by the United States and with the Russian delegation absent, approved a peacekeeping force for Korea. This was the first time a UN peacekeeping force was committed to an armed conflict. The U.N. also allowed world leaders to observe each other as never before, as in the 1961 incident when Russian leader Nikita Khrushchev presented an unforgettable spectacle by taking off one of his shoes and pounding his table with it for emphasis during a U.N. debate.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Thanks RH for that info.
    That has been something I was always going to look into and read about, never did remember to do it.
    It is interesting there are only two items listed the Senate was hashing out .
    It would be interesting to see the rest of the items on the Senate's mind in the first baby steps to giving away the US to foreign control.

[​IMG]

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

thanks. Good read

4. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

IMO the UN is kinda like most modern labor union"s, they could do good still, but are too worried about their own agenda's. Good read though.

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Unfortunately the UN was created to do one thing and one thing alone: Control the world.

FDR and his communist friends really did more than pave the way for new policy in America.

6. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I doubt that.

7. Brokor

Most people do. [beer]

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It was intended as Brokor says, to establish a "world" community, a government that would be senior (superior) to each of the governments of the member states. No one had a clue what that really meant. Still don't, mostly. FDR was hoping it would start out much as the US states did originally, a federation of equals, with state's rights paramount. Well, folks, it ain't that way any more. What happened to the US will eventually (if the wimps and corrupt have their way) be an international reality some day.

I don't do tinfoil hats, doomsday things, or long term conspiracies, but unless there is a dramatic social change that emphasizes individual rights (which I hope for and aim toward), it is inevitable that there will be a world wide government that will be able to accomplish not a thing in any person's given lifetime. You will see wealth concentrate in the corrupt, and the rest of the population sunk into an essential poverty and servitude (not to mention genocide of the disenfranchised and opposition.) Examples abound in the "free" states that were begat when tribes formed federations in various areas. Microcosms and short term examples, to be sure, but illustrative of the principles involved. (Just watch Iraq for the next 10 or 20 years, if we ever can disengage.)

Thank God I won't see it, and it is my sincere hope that none of you or our children will. Our grandchildren should be advised to have no children of their own, because that time frame will see un-nice things beyond "Happy Krismakwanzakah."

"Your papers, citizen --"

9. Brokor

Nice Ghrit ;)

I just followed the money trail. It really isn't too hard to figure out once you are able to do that. The Bank of England, the IMF, CFR, Bilderberg, etc... -it's a controlled monopoly, all nothing more than an enormous petry dish.

And we are the monkeys. :eek:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7