Desperado 11 inch barrel, 12 gauge double barrel shotgun pistol (ships to your door)

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Feb 4, 2023.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Alanaana and mechstdr like this.
  2. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

IMHO kinda like a shockwave only worse.

3. mechstdr

mechstdr patriotic grease monkey

cool! nice! wish i could buy one, but finances won't permit at this time. but i also have on hand a diy plans for a 12ga dbl barrel pistol to make my own, but understand its h**l on your hand & wrist.

Attached Files:

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

For 700 clams? Hard pass on dat.

5. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Yeah, bet I could drive "across the tracks" and pickup a few "conversions" for a hunnert a pop.......or so I've heard from a strangers' brother in law .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Why does the term "wrist breaker" come to mind?? :eek::rolleyes:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's a highly refined Abe blaster.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

There are many stupid fire-arms out there, semi-auto Sten, double barrel black powder 12ga pistols..
    Thank God we can still buy or make them it is our right, but when you can pick up a 1911 or an AR for $500 why you spend more money on a semi-auto Sten or a double barrel black powder pistol?:LOL:

Tisas 1911 A1 US Army 9 WG
    [​IMG]

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah I'd take a semi auto sten over a Gluck any day.

mechstdr, Gator 45/70 and techsar like this.
  10. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Could shoot a reduced load from the Brown Bess.
    Rolled paper cartridge complete with ball. 40gr is pretty mild. Reloading would be quick with the short barrels, but I don't see an attached ram rod.

209 primer is a bit much, but could be easily (for a machinist) adapted to use other primers.

Besides being a visual poke in the eye to Fudd's and ATF agents it has some utility as a home/car/bike defense gun because it can be loaded with a buck and ball load that's effective against anything at close range, and it makes its own smoke screen to mask your escape.

The down side is that because of it's appearance you may not be able to explain that it's a muzzle loader while you're trying to follow conflicting commands from multiple directions at gunpoint.
    We know that it's a muzzleloader, and we know that it can't jump out of the car all by itself and start blasting. Not everybody sees it that way, and those that don't usually travel in groups, wear uniforms and carry firearms.

It's a shame it doesn't have dual hammers and triggers. You'll never get to hear the unique movie sound-effect like noise of both barrels firing simultaneously. It's a haunting sound. ;)
    Unforgettable and unmistakable once you've heard it.

jim2, Homer Simpson and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Use 209 blackpowder primers.

jim2 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7