1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

DHS to Purchase 62 Million More Rounds of AR-15 Ammo

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Apr 15, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

A lot of "training" going on.

» DHS to Purchase 62 Million More Rounds of AR-15 Ammo Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase over 62 million rounds of ammo typically used in AR-15 semi-automatic rifles, just weeks after the ATF was forced to back down on a ban on M855 bullets.

A posting on FedBizOpps.gov this week reveals that the DHS is looking to contract with a company to provide 12.6 million rounds of .223 Remington ammunition per year for a period of five years – totaling 62.5 million bullets.

The solicitation explains that the purchase is intended, “to achieve price savings over the current .223 Rem duty ammunition.” The bullets will be used by U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents nationwide for “training” purposes.

The .223 Remington is one of the most common rifle cartridges in use in the United States and is used both in bolt action rifles and semi-automatic rifles such as the AR-15 and the Ruger Mini-14.
    Tully Mars likes this.
  2. DarkLight

DarkLight I self identify as a Blackhawk Attack Helicopter! Site Supporter

So, apparently you have to purchase 62 Million rounds at a time to get a price break.
    Brokor, VisuTrac, Pax Mentis and 2 others like this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Time for a monkey group buy?
  4. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

No need for that. Our tax money will buy it and we just need to know where they are storing OUR ammo!!!
  5. KAS

KAS Monkey++

any idea how many people are in the dhs ???
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

And of course they will have a preferential buying , so they will get ALL the ammo until the order is met. (Just like with .22lr) and it will spark ANOTHER ammo buying frenzy and price hikes.:(
    Tully Mars likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

DHS also includes the US Coast Guard, Border Control, Customs, TSA, (which has been trying to become an Armed Service) Secret Service, and a few other small Outfits.... Just wait till they start ordering the 5" Rounds for the USCG Cutters.....
    Gator 45/70, Georgia_Boy and VisuTrac like this.
  8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Adventure Riding Monkey Founding Member

Getting ready for the upcoming Jade Helm 15 'exercise'........ :cautious:
    D2wing likes this.
  9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

It hurts me to think that they get all that plinking time and I have to be so conservative with my ammo that I can only go shooting once or twice a month.

seriously need to find and scout that warehouse, just in case. [tinfoil101]
    Cruisin Sloth and Mountainman like this.
  10. Legion489

Legion489 Shining the Light of Truth

Really, there are X number of ABC/XYZ/KGB agencies, each agency has X number of employees. That means that there is only X number of rounds per employee. See, nothing to worry about!

The only problem with that is how many secretaries and janitors are getting full auto training? NONE? So where does the OTHER 90% of the ammo go or what are they planning to use it for? The city 30 miles north of me got a military attack helicopter with machineguns and rocket pods on it. "Oh they don't INTEND to use them!" OK, then take them off! "Can't do that...." OK, so who do they intend to USE the machineguns and rockets on?! "um...er....ah...that is....um..." Same with MRAPS, etc.
    techsar, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Dunerunner likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary