Do you need a bulge buster?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, May 28, 2022.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

No.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Nope. I don't shoot anything with enough unsupported chamber to have bulged brass.

I have seen one, although not a Lee, in use. It was part of the sorting and cleaning process. Made things run smoother on the Camdex machines when reloading a bunch of Glock fired brass.

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If you have something that bulges cases, like a plastic shit pistol with toilet flush trigger just lose that piece of junk in a boating accident, for real.
    I pickup buckets of range pistol brass and have only encountered a dozen or so 9mm cases that wouldn't size, out of thousands of range pickup case.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Only for my speedo's...
    It would be great to just one go swimming without a dozen women in my wake.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. sourdough145

sourdough145 Holder of the M1 thumb award...

I bought and used a bulge buster for .40SW cases. Had a lot of Glock used range brass that would not feed in my pistol. Ran all new brass through it and could really tell the bulged brass by how hard it was to put through the die. Non bulged brass slid through but bulged brass took effort. Used case lube spray on all brass then tumbled clean after. Don't need it for anything else... FWIW

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

A gun that wrecks brass like that is a shit poor design. That's all there is to it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

A crimping tool takes out the bulges in most brass or so I've heard or read?

sec_monkey likes this.
  9. sourdough145

sourdough145 Holder of the M1 thumb award...

Don't know of any crimper to take out bulges.... The only way I know is to push them fully through a sizing die on a single stage press.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

These right here do.

sourdough145 and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7