Do you shave?

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by OldDude49, Mar 24, 2022.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

this was rather humorous... a razor company said they were not woke enough so...

Jeremy’s Razors

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I watched that 30 times and still don't know what he is selling..... :rolleyes:

Seepalaces, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

right...

Seepalaces and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

‘We’ve Sold 25,000 Razor Subscriptions In Our First Three Days’: Daily Wire CEO Joins Tim Pool To Discuss Jeremy’s Razors, Woke Corporations

‘We’ve Sold 25,000 Razor Subscriptions In Our First Three Days’: Daily Wire CEO Joins Tim Pool To Discuss Jeremy’s Razors, Woke Corporations | The Daily Wire

On Thursday night, co-CEO of The Daily Wire Jeremy Boreing sat down live in-studio for an interview with Tim Pool, popular podcaster and host of TimCast IRL, to discuss The Daily Wire’s latest venture — Jeremy’s Razors, a new company launched by The Daily Wire in response to Harry’s razors pulling its advertising from The Daily Wire in 2021. Boreing also talked about the success of Jeremy’s Razors, announcing that the company had sold 25,000 razor subscriptions in just three days.

Jeremy’s Razors also released a multi-million dollar marketing campaign, and its first ad, which features the McLaren-driving “god-king” Boreing walking through The Daily Wire’s headquarters and torching a pack of Harry’s razors. It has received more than one million views on Twitter.

The ad also caught the eye of Pool, who praised the ad as “one of the funniest commercials ever.” He added that the whole idea was “brilliant” and that “The Daily Wire knows the power of culture” during a segment of his podcast.

On Thursday, Pool had Boreing on Timcast IRL to discuss Jeremy’s Razors and why a company like this was necessary.

Seepalaces and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

That is the most awesome commercial I've ever seen.

I'm ordering. Eff Harrys and Gillette. :D

Seepalaces, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

At first I thought it was just a skit by the Onion, but although Jeremy's Razor is an actual grooming product, the advertisement is just selling conservative patriarchy claptrap to rabid right wing cis-gender males who can't bear the thought that trans men might prefer Harry's or Gillete razors... ;)

Boreing is just p!$$ed that The Daily Wire is being criticised for a homophobic editorial stance (but probably more p!$$ed at losing sponsorship revenue). His rather seemingly self absorbed childish response is to double down with a product of his own, and grift the artfully manufactured culture wars controversy for as many $$$ as his stupid MAGA marks can throw at him. It is a clever marketing ploy to build The Daily Wire's brand recognition among right wing conservative white nationalists.

As for myself, I'll shave my non-binary legs however I damned well please with any damned generic brand that suits my budget...but in view of Boreing's boring scummy advert, he has convinced me to fill my Gillete safety razor with good old Gillete blues!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

oldawg, Seepalaces and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. chelloveck

Aw, c'mon, continue using Harry's until all used up?? A serious man would ditch them immediately without regard for the sunk cost. :LOL:

Apparently Borreing has been quite successful in appealing to the cognitive biases of those who don't believe that they can be persuaded to align their values with the product being carny barked (Or vice versa) ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I think it's just selling normalcy. A razor is a razor. I'll take mine without a side-helping of your bullshit worldview (speaking to the media/corporate/government overlords).

10. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Manly men just use an axe.

Bwahahaha!

11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I use a Cutthroat and strop , I hate it when i nick my nuts

Seepalaces, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  12. chelloveck

Cut out the middle man and just strop the nuts. :ROFLMAO::LOL::D

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. oldman1111

oldman1111 Monkey

i have shaved twice since 1971,never again.
    [flag]

14. chelloveck

In product marketing, a product is not simply just what the product is actually used to do....it often includes all those qualities that are wrapped up in the marketeer's schtick that have little to do with the functionality of the product....In the case of Jeremy's Razors, male potency, masculinity, power, male gender dominance, subservience of lower status individuals, appeals to white privilege and white supremacy, the relegation of non whites to menial roles (where they are portrayed at all), 'resistance against liberal 'wokeism' etc, etc, etc....each and everyone of those marketable aspects of Jeremy's Razor (and more) is discernable in Boreing's advertisement performance....Perhaps Proud Boys, Oath Keepers and Incel activists are essential market segments that is being appealed to?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. chelloveck

I feel your regret of having done so. [hug}

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Up until a few weeks ago ,,, I didn't know what a cis-gendered male was . I found out ,, I are one ,, and proud of it . That's how I was raised,, be proud of what you are ,, if you're not ,, make the changes needed to better yourself.
    As far as trans men,,,, I couldn't give 1 shit what they prefer ,, same as they shouldn't give 1 shit what I prefer . Mind your own business,, and stay out of my life ,,, meaning,,,, don't force me to accept a lifestyle that I don't agree with ,,,, no amount of your prancing around is going to make me accept that .
    Homophobic,,, I might be ,,, look at it like this ,,,, I wouldn't want to be around a bunch of ISIS goons , with a dotted red line marked around my neck that says cut here ,,, no more than I'd want to be standing in a room full of homo's at closing time at the gay bar .
    I don't buy something based on an assumed manly ,,, tyranny,,, or feminine connotation,,, I buy for the effectiveness,, or personal preference of the product . I've used Udder Butter on my calloused hands before ,,, not because my fingers were about to start dripping milk .
    But I will refrain from buying products that tries to tell me I'm privileged to the point that I'm the reason thousands of people have chosen a criminal life ,, or resorted to drugs ,, or other unsocietable practices. I'm " Woke" , to the point of knowing people need to get back to the reality of accepting the consequences of their own actions,,, and working to better themselves from whatever situation you find yourself in . The paths are there ,,, it's your choice which one you take ,,, and I'm speaking from experience,, when I say ,,, I didn't always take the right path ,,, but I have backed up and regrouped .

17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

If I could get my money back I'd ditch the blades right now. Since they already have my money I will use the blades already purchased and then find someone who just sells blades and not their politics - left, right, or center.

Seepalaces, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  18. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

What does cis-gendered mean? re-gendered?
    From the context I gather it means "regular, straight, males, as known by traditional societal norms". The practice of changing what these people are referred to is an annoying attempt to make everyone change their labels. F-THAT.

19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Had to quit shaving years ago.
    When I'd look into a mirror with the razor in hand I wanted to cut my own throat
    [LMAO][lolol][lolol]

20. chelloveck

Here's the thing...traditions and norms are not immutable...they can and do change...sometimes slowly...sometimes quickly.

Some people embrace change...and some people resist change...both kinds of people on the nether ends of the change process are prone to say "Fxck that"...some adapt to change as it suits them and either congratulate themselves that they were pioneering early adopters, or bitch, grumble, complain and pine for the good old days when women couldn't vote, interracial marriage was unlawful, government sanctioned same sex marriage was not a thing, and chattel slaves could be bought, sold and beaten at their master's will. :rolleyes:

The majority just get along in life as best they can by accomodating change to either take advantage of the change, and in some cases exploiting change; while others, like Mennonites and the Amish who are quite content to be caught as a community in cultural aspic, hardly changing their traditions much, if at all. Such change resisters can endure a long time into societal irrelevancy, but many simply just die out and become extinct together with their norms and traditions.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7