Does anyone have any knowledge on the farmbot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Jul 20, 2019.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

it looks like an interesting bit of farming tech... although they look kinda... smallish?

thoughts and opinions?

FarmBot | Open-Source CNC Farming

2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Sound kind of cool!

3. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Hm. All those satisfied customers, and it's not even on sale yet?

To be frank, it looks a bit light duty, but an interesting concept. Almost like automatic irrigation systems (center pivot and the like) that are controlled by computer, then with GPS harvesters.

4. duane

duane Monkey+++

Meets the new criteria for the computer nerds, develop an app, sell it, make a fortune, live happily ever after. Now you need a computer, robot, internet, pay rent to Bill Gates and someone else for using their "knowledge" to do something that could be done with a hoe and a pointed stick. Anything in whole process fails and there is no backup. The perfect urban farm concept, get all kinds of praise, lots of media coverage, huge amount of grants, spend a lot on structures, special equipment, computers, etc, than everyone ignores the fact that it doesn't raise food, make money, or collapsed because a disease, improper chemical mix, glitch in the program, etc, destroyed the whole crop.

5. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Fairly simple tech put into a smart combination! I bet it works. I wonder if it has an irrigation rain sensor to self adjust watering schedules.

6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

think they do have one model that has shipped and is in use... the adds are more for their newer models?

7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Bah - not even a good toy - not a farmbot

This - this is a farm bot

The CNH Industrial Autonomous Tractor

Merkun likes this.
  8. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

The first thing I thought of when the video started was NERRRRRRDS, LOL. Don't know what this thing costs but I will plant myself, pull the weeds myself and set up a drip system with a timer for way cheaper then this thing costs. People are getting so lazy anymore that it's not even funny. Next they will want automated harvesting, cooking and something to throw it down their pie hole, don't even want to think about automation after that.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7