Doing it on the cheap

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by fedorthedog, Jun 19, 2020.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I dont recall a thread that shares cheap ways of getting stuff done as a specific. I know we share food and storage ideas but things like gun lights slings etc are on a in the mix basis. All of us have found ways to cut costs to meet a need and I propose we share then in this thread. Mods move this if it already is in place.

I believe all non hunting rifles should have a light but dont want to spend 100 bucks per so I found these as a way to light up all the stuff i had.
    2 of BESTSIGHT Tactical Bracket Barrel Ring Scope Clamp Scope Mount Holder for Flashlight Torch Scope Sights [Set of 2]
    3 Pack UltraFire Mini Flashlights Focus Adjustable SK68 Single Mode Tactical LED Flashlight, Ultra Bright 300 Lumens Torch

I end up at about 10 bucks a gun for a 300 lumen light.

snake6264, SB21, BTPost and 1 other person like this.
  2. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I put a light on my shotgun years back but figure it also points me out as a target really well.

BenP, Gator 45/70 and Merkun like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Thinking about it for a minute,, if you got a little creative,, you could rig a wire to the trigger ,, once you think you have your target pinpointed ,, if the light was wired right ,, as soon as your finger touched the trigger , the light would turn on. This really wouldn't be hard to do. I might have to sit down one night and see what I can come up with.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

Or I could just hit the flashlight button right before firing. I would rather have a light come on from a different source that would distract any bad guys. Not a light that attracts their firing at me. I thought the same thing about those small flashlights you strap around your head. I don't want to make my head a lite up target.

john316 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

To bad some outfit doesn’t make a small LED Flashlight/Green Laser combo... turn on the laser on. the target, acquire target, Fire, turn on flashlight to watch the Red Stuff Leak out....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7