1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Dollar Tree 12" crow bar

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by stg58, Jun 17, 2016.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

The Dollar Tree crow bar looks like a nice little self defence device not a weapon just a crow bar in the trunk of your car with other tools that could be used for self defence like the truckers tire thumper.

Handy Multiple use tools are a must have in any garage. 12" crow bars are perfect for gaining leverage when prying apart materials, or prying up nails. Each row bar has a curved end and a straight end to allow for various applications.
    Bulk Tool Bench Hardware Crow Bars, 12" at DollarTree.com
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sgt Nambu, Motomom34 and Oltymer like this.
  2. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey+

Oh yeah, that's a beauty, hidden in plain sight and totally legal. I was just in DT yesterday and somehow missed that, 12" is perfect, and a handy tool to boot.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

They never have good stuff like that at my Dollar Tree. I have never bought stuff on-line from them. Though I do wonder, a crowbar for $1....... what kind of metal is it? Does it seem sturdy?
    stg58 likes this.
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+

I'll wait for the sale. :D
    Tully Mars and stg58 like this.
  5. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Nice boots Motomom.
    Have I said that enough?

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

It is steel sadly most of the full sized crow bars are made overseas as this one is.
    One dollar seems a reasonable deal my intent is not tearing down an old house.
    I hit my wife in the head and she says it hurt and the crow bar did not break[sarc2]
  7. duane

duane Monkey++

While a 1 $ crowbar might not make it, never knock the bar. Recycles nails without bending them so you can use them again, recycles lumber and plywood so you can reuse it for building, recycles wood for kindling, handy tire thumper for quick pressure check, will pull bolts out of wood without damaging threads, will help moving rocks in your garden, is a handy prybar for aligning parts, is a small heavy long object that has inertia that can be used as a improvised hammer ;), usually made out of quality steel that a smith could make other flatter sharper objects out of, etc. When I was a kid, the test of a bar was to throw it onto a concrete floor hard, if it rang it was a good bar, if not it was junk. Grand dad used to forge them out of axles, more of a hobby than worthwhile, but they were good bars.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    Tully Mars, Sgt Nambu and Motomom34 like this.
  8. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Monkey

A good size for a trunk, but I think I'll continue to favor the "E" tool for my trunk multi-tool! Dig a hole, pry bar, social adjustment tool. Many uses.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary