"Domo arrigato" Mr. roboto...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

high speed robotic hand demonstrated.:shock:
    I know this has absolutely nothing to do with "survival"( but when has that ever stopped me in the past?) But having experience in an industrial automation field[notworking]:oops:(associates in "electro-mechanical" tech from the local cc); I see this combination of dexterity and optical (visual) processing as some kind of a breakthrough( and its pretty cool to watch...):
    YouTube- High-Speed Robot Hand ;)

2. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

Future corporate downsizing...
    "Clumsy protoplasmic organism, your meat appendages cannot move with sufficient dexterity to efficiently perform your assigned tasks. You are assigned to the reprocessing center. Remove all metal objects from your person to avoid interference with the macerating mechanisms."
    :D

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Ruh-Roh.. I'm reminded of the scene in the movie aliens where thecolonial marines ask the android (pc: "synthetic") Ash to "do the thing with the knife "(stabbing it repeatedly into the table a between alternate fingers of his other hand held down ( fingers splayed out).That was a camera trick and not very fast... this machine would be amazing to watch.....and deadly accurate... still need human adaptation to process chicken and beef though(for now). Though automated sawmills up here read the log and caculate the mosteffective cuts, so butchering stuff is not far away.

4. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

Combine this with a movement sensor, optical shape recognition and a fast feeding rifle mechanism and you have a robotic sniper... that takes repeated shots in 0.1 second. Not something to smile at anymore.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There is already some simple surgery done robotically. More to come.

6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

We have a "Mr. Roboto" Japanese Grill here in town now - I've been wondering who.... or 'what'..... does the cooking.......? [dunno]

7. snuffysmith

snuffysmith Monkey+++ Founding Member

My first reaction was wow! A little development and you would have the perfect machine for guard duty around your AO.

They'll still need someone to turn the dang thing on & off, I hope.

Snuffy

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

WE'LL GREASE THE TRACKS OF OUR BOLO COMBAT UNITS WITH THE BLOOD OF TYRANTS!..

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

10. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cyberdine systems going online?:shock:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7