Don't you hate it?

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Yoldering, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

Don’t you hate it when you can’t sleep because you are reminded of a mistake you made 2 years ago?

I hate it when my kid cries in the middle of the night.

3M-TA3, oldawg, Ganado and 5 others like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Or, when you keep running over the list of things that have to get done and the lack of time and money to address all of them so you lay awake prioritizing what you can get accomplished in the time allowed and within budget...

Ura-Ki, Tully Mars, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Try not to let it get to you , ,,, if I worried about all the mistakes I've made in life,,,,,I wouldn't ever sleep,,,,

Dunerunner, Ura-Ki, Dont and 4 others like this.
  4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Helluva lot of truth to that statement @SB21!

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Enjoy this moment...... they grow up and leave you way to fast!!!! [chopper]

The only mistake, is you not spending enough time with them, get out there and play ;)

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

100% agree. I just realized that my last child will soon be done with high school. Time flies so I plan on making the most of this time.

PS- I got the joke but the thread has turned serious.
    PPS- I had a few mistakes that cried in the middle of the night. It stops after age 3.:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
  7. Alf60

Alf60 Monkey+++

Yeah, what YD said.
    My little boy is nearly 44. His oldest is 18, middle is 16, and youngest is 13
    Now days what I hate is when Grandma starts snoring in the middle of the night.

8. duane

duane Monkey+++

Heard an interview on the radio with a Dr who worked with hospice care. Said two of the biggest factors causing a lot of stress with those who know that they are dying is a feeling that they wasted their lives, never got around to enjoying things or relationships with their children, etc, or did the things they really wanted to do, and a fear of death being the end of everything and the uncertainty of what happens. Lot to be said for both peace of mind and a faith in God. Since we have no idea what the future will be, it really helps if you live well in the present and at 80 I have a different take on the future than I did at 20, but even at 20, I had been in a couple situations where people died around me very suddenly and realized that life is a gift and you had better appreciate it. Some nights my mind gets caught up in a loop of thinking of things and I couldn't tell you if I ever really got to sleep.

techsar, Dunerunner, Ura-Ki and 4 others like this.
  9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Foolishly as humans we think that hate has a magic response at the thing bothering us ,when in all actuality it binds us deeper to the thing that is bothering us .
    There are things I do not trust, but I am determined not to dwell on them. There are tons ,"literally " I am responsible for, but I'm one man and a limited income and strength so I do what I can and leave it at that .
    There are decisions I've made in the past I regret but I made them " WITH THE INFORMATION AT HAND " there is no condemning one's self over this . Decisions I made however that I ignored information at hand, the responsibility does rest squarely on my shoulders . but there is nothing to be done to rectify those decisions ,so there is no reason to lose sleep over them . The only thing to do is actually learn from them and guard ones self against doing it again.
    One of the reasons I chose not to marry again . No matter how enticing the bait, I know there are consequences .

Dunerunner, duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Not always true.
    In my case I'm not sure if the crying/whining ever stopped but after the divorce I could no longer hear her;)

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

hehehe. I could, and did, fall asleep in middle tirade. Talk about pissed off!! Good for two days of silent treatment.

12. duane

duane Monkey+++

USAF used to teach in basic that doing nothing is also a decision and will get you in as much trouble as doing something. While making mistakes is bad, dwelling on them and brooding just makes it worse.

Yard Dart, Dunerunner and Tully Mars like this.
  13. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

I could look at the mistakes and say "if only", but had I done something different where would I be today? Someplace better? Maybe or perhaps someplace worse. I might not have my kids, I might be in jail but all of that is past and while some of the things I did (or didn't do) have caused me some pain, I can't say as I really regret my past for it's in the past and there isn't much I can do about that. I look forward to doing the best that I can do today, tomorrow will get here soon enough and I'll deal with it then. And yeah, 2 O'clock feedings or worse 2 o'clock poop clean ups all over everything are the pits, but it is a learning experience :)

duane, Yard Dart and Dunerunner like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7