DPMS GII 308

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by azrancher, May 6, 2019.

1. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Anybody know where I can find a DPMS Gen 2 (GII) lower, either just the stripped lower, or full lower in 7.62X51 (308)?

Rancher

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If you can get a Quote from DPMS, I am a Dealer for them and will make you a Deal...

3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

definitely talk to @BTPost [winkthumb] [winkthumb] [winkthumb] [winkthumb]

Sir Tacs favorite supplier does not to have em :( :( and neither do any other suppliers we looked at :( :(

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Duly noted @BTPost
    May be looking for a Gen 1 7.62x51 upper with a 20 or 24" in a couple months.
    In the process of saving up.

5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

@3M-TA3 is a knowledgeable feller with this platform and may have some insights on where to find one!
    Same with @Tully Mars!

sec_monkey likes this.
  6. sec_monkey

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

*incorrect link removed to prevent confusion*

Darn it...link says G2, but part number says G1 :(

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Ura-Ki and sec_monkey like this.
  8. sec_monkey

They also have a DPMS Gen 1 but they aint got a Gen 2.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  9. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

I can't find it on any of their pages, perhaps I'm just missing something?

Rancher

10. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

11. sec_monkey

@azrancher @BTPost It is not listed on their website [ the official DPMS website ], we too tried to find it.

It is either not there or it is really really well hidden.

As noted earlier we already looked at Sir Tacs favorite supplier and perhaps Sir Tacs 2nd favorite supplier and they aint got the Gen 2.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Folks, Gen 1 and Gen 2 are not compatible!

Gen 1 is a long frame,and Gen 2 is a short frame. There is very little compatible between them, in fact the Gen 2 is more compatible with an AR 15 (uses 85% same parts) than it is with Gen 1.

You can get Gen 2 pattern rifles and uppers from DPMS, Remington,and Adams. I'm not aware of any other manufacturers of Gen 2 receivers/rifles/uppers at this time. If you can find a lower it would likely be cheaper to get complete and then change out any parts, like triggers, to suit your needs.

13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

14. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Question, so the Gen2 requires a speciffic lower? Or any standard DPMS pattern?
    Would be super cool to get one of tjose new Light weight billet 80%s that i see out there!

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Yes, a Gen 2 upper can only be used with a Gen 2 lower, and a Gen 1 upper only with a Gen 1 lower

The Gen 2 receivers are significantly shorter than Gen 1. In addition, Gen 2 was designed to be 85% parts compatible with an AR-15.

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

So, does any one offer an 80% lower for the Gen II, Especially a Billet lower?

17. sec_monkey

@BTPost and @3M-TA3 know a lot more about this than we do, havin said that, if ya have a Gen 2 upper ya need a Gen 2 lower and vice versa [ update 3M just confirmed that ]. Ya have to double check compatibility and ya cannot take a salespersons word necessarily.

Neither the Gen 1 or the Gen 2 are 100% AR compatible.

We is talkin LR-308 vs. AR-10 here. Like 3M said the Gen 2 is more compatible than the Gen 1 but it is still **not** 100% compatible so ya gotta be real careful what components ya buy.

@azrancher please let us know what parts ya already have.

Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. sec_monkey

They use a different cut, depends how 80% and how finished it is.

Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

YUP YUP! My only experience with the AR-10 type is the original Armalites, and they were an absolute bitch to get to run correctly, and finding correct magazines was some times a nightmare, so I gave up on them! Always wanted an AR based 7.62X51, one that could finally run equal to the best M1A and FAL! Today it might finally be possible!

Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and sec_monkey like this.
  20. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I haven't been able to locate any GII/G2 lower receivers, 80% or otherwise. The Adams is billet, I don't know if the DPMS lower is billet or forged. A smallaside,I like the curved profile of the DPMS trigger guard more than I like the Adams straight lines. Functionality I think they are equal, just the DPMS is prettier.

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7