Early voting yesterday.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by HK_User, Feb 19, 2020.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Did the deed after working a shift at the DAV Office.
    Voted for the folks that have proved their worth, deep sixed the ones who had been mud slingers.

It never fails that someone picks a day to be in a hurry to file a VA claim and gets lost in the me world of self satisfaction without knowing the facts.
    Vet was upset that we were closed last week when they suddenly decided after 40 years to file a claim. Never mind that the vet did not know that we are a all volunteer group and we too have emergencies that prevent our being there. Like strokes for the volunteer's day it was to man the office, or PT for others that had surgery, the vet then called 5 times insisting we call back, which we did when we came in.
    Oh and did I mention the vet had not called for an appointment?
    As we started suggesting dates for an appointment suddenly the vet's calendar, for three different times over 2 weeks, was full.

Yup you guessed it just a pawn set up to test our resolve to freely assist a Vet.

Happens on occasion and we just consider this a test by the unknowing and uncaring to tie up our volunteers.

So next time you hear complaints about any volunteer group just ask the important questions.

Me? Well I continued other jobs on my list, that being a Field Day of the Office and grounds.

Always something to do for the unemployed and those wishing to be part of the solution.

Lots of folks volunteer, a lot just complain but few show up for work.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7